GBB question

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
About what size does C. cyaneopubescens start to show adult coloration rather than the yellow and black motif. I just ordered one between .75 an 1 inch in legspan, when will it start to look like an adult?

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can see the blue legs at about 2 inches after that they will start to look more like an adult with each molt. They grow fast depending on the temp you keep and how much you feed

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well it depends, they start showing some adult colors pretty small and full adult colors i'd say about 3" or so. Here are a few of mine at different sizes so you can see.

2"

2.75"

3.5"

4"

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice spider you've got there, she's a pretty little webbing machine. How much time passed between 2 inches and 4 inches?

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice spider you've got there, she's a pretty little webbing machine. How much time passed between 2 inches and 4 inches?
Those weren't all the same tarantula. I'd have to check my records when I get home to find out what the time was. They grow really fast though, under a year if I remember correctly. The largest one in those photos I got in October of '05 and it is in premolt as we speak.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok it hatched on Oct. 1, 2005. Some of my records got lost because I kept the only copy on my computer which I had to reformat and I didn't have a backup. On Nov. 24, 2006 it was 3" and molted to 3.5" on Jan. 14, 2007. On March 23, 2007 it molted to 4" and like I said before it is in premolt right now. My guess would be male with the frequency of molts but it has completely destroyed any traces as is common with this species. Although one made the mistake of molting out in the open right on the top of its web megastructure. I quickly robbed that molt as soon as it was cast aside.

This is the 2" in the previous picture and is still at 2" now.