GBB pre-molt question

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a GBB a few days ago. As far as I can tell it is settling into its new enclosure pretty well. It will move between its hide and out in the open, and it has started webbing a decent amount. I have made two attempts to feed it a superworm. On both occasions it moved towards the superworm, put its front legs on it, and then walked away. I know they tend to be good eaters. Based on the pictures, and others experience with GBB's, does it seem like mine might be in pre-molt?

Attachments

DonLouchese

Arachnosquire
Hello there,

Your GBB looks exactly on the same path as one of mine did now :) Same bald spot , she's pretty plump as well.

With dropping super worms she tended to step over it and then move away. After 2-3 tries she started slapping them. It took 40 days exactly for her to molt. 5-6 tries of food offering in this time. She ate none obviously. Still tried to feed her as I've seen the bald spot but it was pale as yours has. Darkened up 5 days before molt.

So yeah I'd pretty much say she's in pre molt.

Regards,

Don

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Not yet. If it's in pre-molt the bald spot will start to darken and become shiny. Probably just not hungry or has yet to fully settle in.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Either way it doesn’t matter if it’s in premolt or not, it’s not interested in food right now it’s fairly plump. Try again in two weeks.