GBB pairing. Nothing happened.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, I attempted to pair my GBB tonight. Nothing happened.

He did the dancing. She was receptive. She got near him and he took off away from her. She was being real gentle with him. But he decided it wasn't going to happen on their first date. Being all gentlebug like.

He has made at least two sperm webs. So I'm not sure what his deal is. Guess we will wait a bit longer and throw some more of her webbing in his enclosure and let him load some more.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Never paired any t's, but I heard that gbb can be slow. Many times they take their time, to get down to business. Have been reading about gbb because I have female juveniles, that I want to breed when the time comes. Some people leave the male in with the female. Don't think I have the nerves to do that myself.... Good luck with yours, hope you get lucky.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Hey at least your male is doing the dance. I've put my mm with 2 different ladies with no tapping to be seen...

Keep us updated!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If the male is too old they become scaredy-cats. @cold blood unfortunately discovered this when his little lady revealed that she was into older men.

cold blood

Staff member
Alright, I attempted to pair my GBB tonight. Nothing happened.

He did the dancing. She was receptive. She got near him and he took off away from her. She was being real gentle with him. But he decided it wasn't going to happen on their first date. Being all gentlebug like.

He has made at least two sperm webs. So I'm not sure what his deal is. Guess we will wait a bit longer and throw some more of her webbing in his enclosure and let him load some more.
Yeah I had the same thing 3 times....my issue was known, an old male, and I was just hoping for a lucky moment. For me the MM tapped the first 2 times...very slowly and methodically right to her hide...then gently tapped her leg...at which point she flew out of the burrow and he ran. Both times she had followed and actually seemed to be trying to initiate courtship, which ended in her almost presenting herself...he remained frozen until she gave up and walked back to her hide.
The last time I only paired because he was being unusually active....however, he wouldn't even approach and just huddled in the corner.

Hopefully the fresh one gets the same gentle approach from the female. The fresh one looks fantastic.
Here's my female.

louise f

Arachnoangel
@Redneck The GBB`s can be a real portion of patience when it comes to mating. God riddance i had to try 3 times before it worked. Those GBB males are some pussies when they get near the female. Lol :D

But I`m still waiting for an eggsac. Patience indeed. I really hope it works out for you. I wish you the best of luck.:)

IamKrush

Arachnopeon
From the pairing videos Ive seen. It seems GBBs cant take a bit more coaxing to breed successfully.