Gbb or p Metallica

cactus683

Arachnopeon
Hey all I currently have a mexican RedLeg,cabrini versicolor and P Imernia looking to get a p Metallica or gbb.I know they are 2 totally different t's but any recommendation?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Get a GBB

On average, a P met may very well be over your head, and then again, maybe not. Who knows.

If you can't deal with a GBB you CANNOT deal with a P met.

Chop Stik

Always Happy Dancin
Arachnosupporter
Well, based off ur current collection, idk bout the metallica unless u feel very confident doing so. Gbbs are great, its up to u.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Don’t know your situation, but if you can safely transfer and do enclosure maintenance on a 4”+ Psalmopoeus you’d probably be fine with a P. met. No one can say for sure, it’s a personal gut feeling you have when you feel you’re ready.

I had a P. met and raised it to 3” maybe closer to 4” or so (bad with measurements) and tapped out, never did get comfortable with it like I did with the psalms. GBB’s don’t disappoint.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I'm kind of behind if I read everything to my ability, but why are you choosing between these 2 COMPLETELY different species?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tbh, unless you've had the P. irminia for a while and have experience with rehousing it then get the GBB

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
I have both and they are in my top 5 fav species.
As Grym Reaper says, if you have enough experience with P. irminia get both.
Although my P. irminia seems far more sensitive than my P. met.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hey all I currently have a mexican RedLeg,cabrini versicolor and P Imernia looking to get a p Metallica or gbb.I know they are 2 totally different t's but any recommendation?
Isn't "cabrini versicolor" but A. cabrini!

I have also a F. causio and a M. tardelli specimens... amazing, very fast, especially when placed in the middle part of the enclosure! :pompous:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
GBB for now. Get really good with the Irminia and the Versicolor before moving to Poecilotheria
and FTR P Mets are over rated

Isn't "cabrini versicolor" but A. cabrini!

I have also a F. causio and a M. tardelli specimens... amazing, very fast, especially when placed in the middle part of the enclosure! :pompous:
Cabrini Green version of the Versicolor

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
The only 'Cabrini-Green' I know was located in Chicago (Candyman); The A. cabrini of my post is an Italian football player; The spider is Caribena versicolor :)
Yes, Cabrini Green is a Project in Chicago. So you made a football joke and I responded with a 'hood' joke.
I am quite familiar with C. versicolor. Here's Lucy.

Attachments

cactus683

Arachnopeon
I'm kind of behind if I read everything to my ability, but why are you choosing between these 2 COMPLETELY different species?
Im not even sure, colorations maybe,I'm all about the brilliant colors,all and all I went with the P METALLICA,its comes tomorrow.

I'd start learning the names or "disconnecting autocorrect" 😂😂😂
Im terrible with the names lol.

Thanks for all the replies,i went with a P Metallica.