GBB oddity (new molting stance?)

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MY GBB made a web from one side of his hide to wall on the top and the bottom and when I went in there it was just sitting there hanging on the web as if it lost its balance on the web and couldnt get its footing back and gave up. But it is hanging vertically the front legs are on the top of the web and the bottom legs are on the floor of the web...Is this how GBB's molt? below is actually a good picture how it looks right now....I'm really concerned because I never seen or heard of a T molting in this fashion. All opinions welcomed.:? :( (PS Ilooked at again and its front limbs are slightly moving.....)

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nevermind everyone.....He / she molted...I was just so worried that it died from one of the few or many (whatever how many there are) unknown reasons for a tarantula's death. I went back in there and it was basically 90% out of its skin so when I go back in there now after I finish this post it should be 100% done with molting. This scared me as I said before in the other post because I never seen/ heard of a tarantula molting vertically only on its side, back, or up right...I guess this is another version of a tarantula molting "up right"....pictures to come soon...my other good news is one of my H gigas has knocked down its blockage from its hide so I guess that means it done doing whatever it was doing..Hopefully it molted I'll check it out later.....So proud of my GBB baby...:clap: :clap: :clap: {D {D {D :D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my gbb is bigger than yours and still molts that way, hanging all askew. looks strange, but she never had any problems getting out of her skin. my other gbb (male and eaten in the meantime :eek:) always molted flat on his back. so i guess to each his own way...

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine also molted standing up last time, I was worried as well, but it went quickly enough without a hitch...