Gbb not eating

Carl75

Arachnopeon
Hi my gbb recently molted over a week ago but still won’t eat is this normal?
Fangs are black so should have hardened now as far as I know

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Some are just picky my ihiringhi just moulted took 2 weeks to take food try again in a week or so or maybe try a night time feed as most t's hunt at night . Thats all I can suggest but fingers crossed for you. Most t's will eat when ready and sometimes they will fast for no reason my geniculata just decided to start eating again after a 4 month fast, no reason no moult just felt like it. T's they like to keep us on our toes 🤷‍♀️

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Imagine, pulling two of your wisdom teeth out, then only a week later you try to chew on a steak.

Give your tarantula enough time.

Carl75

Arachnopeon
Nothing to worry about.
Thank you
Imagine, pulling two of your wisdom teeth out, then only a week later you try to chew on a steak.

Give your tarantula enough time.
i have give it enough time as everyone has told me to wait a week after molt but i waited over a week for extra time but still doesn’t want to eat so I thought I’d ask

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
i have give it enough time as everyone has told me to wait a week after molt but i waited over a week for extra time but still doesn’t want to eat so I thought I’d ask
If your tarantula still isn’t eating, you haven’t given it enough time.

A week is an average timeframe, some take more time and some take less. Yours might just be a longer wait, which isn’t abnormal at all. Just offer appropriately sized food once a week or so until your tarantula takes the prey. My N. chromatus sling molted last week and didn’t touch the mealworm chunk I dropped in two days ago for roughly 18 hours and that was about 8 days post molt.

Depending on the size of your spider, it could also take more time to harden up. A 1/2 inch sling takes less time than a full grown adult.
Be patient. It will eat when it’s ready.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Had this with my genic once and more recently withy my G. iheringi (fangs fully black). Either wait a week and try again (worked for the iheringi) or try a different feeder (with the genic it was a case of it not wanting dubia even after waiting another week).