GBB Molting

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So my female GBB had been in premolt for about 2-3 months now, and is finally molting. She was convulsing a lot on her belly and finally got to her back, I watched for a little and made sure she had plently of space.... I just checked on her and she is back on her stomach side with her legs still pointed in the air.

She is moving a lot, but her carapeice still seems to be connected, should I try and get her on her back again or just let her continue?

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely leave her alone... The last thing you want to do right now is stress it.

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I understand that part.. I'm just nervous she'll have molt problems on her stomach. Well only time will tell, meanwhile my P.cambridge had a successful molt earlier, in under one hour too. She's about 6"+ now :D

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have some bad news, the GBB is still on her back.... doesn't seem to have gotten any farther in the molt. She is now barley moving, I don't know what to do :wall:. I don't want to intervine if she will be ok, but I'm pretty sure something is wrong.