Gbb Molt Issues

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Hi Folks

need some advice here if possible.

So my gbb juvenile molted yesterday have noticed him being slower Today than usual and think he is maybe has a bent leg or two due to the Molt.

Noticed his abdomen looks weird almost like it hasn’t been removed properly when he molted? Has anyone ever seen this before I am kinda freaking out. Also noticed a hard piece of skin on him always next to his abdomen should I just leave it?

Really sorry if this a daft question

E33A8056-6A17-43FF-84A2-42147F42C1E1.jpeg 1F329139-41AC-4E7D-B190-37A847532065.jpeg

Sorry for poor pictures

He still is webbing etc but I am concerned

He came straight into my hand also which I thought was weird 641A86E5-8704-49F4-9718-8D555502EFC5.jpeg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
May be too late for this, but have you tried water and a paintbrush? Check out this post.

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Will try this again if it doesn’t work will I come off on it’s own or at the next Molt?

Will cause any problems?

Sorry after all sorted thanks very much

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
So happy to hear your GBB is free of his old skin. We are all here to help the fellow keepers of our 8-legged obsessions..I mean, friends. ;-}

A friend of mine, just last night, asked where I took my spiders when they got “sick”. I told her these boards were all we had. She was shocked that exotic vets couldn’t help. I told her the cumulative decades of experience from all across the world was a pretty great thing to have available. If I’d had this many years ago, I’m feel confident I could have saved a T I lost.

Last edited:

slayerofgoliath86

Arachnopeon
Hi mate he isn’t doing that well today he is sitting in his water bowl not sure if I should move him

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
If it’s just his mouthparts, he’s just taking a good, long drink.

Also, if you are able to see if he has any leakage under the abdomen.

Last edited: