GBB maybe?

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
I'm considering adding a GBB to my collection.
I want a terrestrial T but I like colors :happy:

I personally do not like handling my T's so that won't be a problem, if anyone could give me more information on them it would be greatly appreciated!

cold blood

Staff member
Lots of beautiful terrestrials, thats for sure.

GBB is pretty easy, by about an inch they can be kept bone dry with a water dish. Add a hide and maybe some plants for anchoring web to.

They are great eaters with medium to med/fast growth and they go through some of the more dramatic color changes as they grow.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince

I personally do not like handling my T's so that won't be a problem, if anyone could give me more information on them it would be greatly appreciated!
Do add a GBB! They´re both colourful and easy to keep for. I have never seen a defensive "pose" from my specimen, but yet their feeding response is great. As @cold blood said, make sure that the substrate is bone dry, keep the water dish filled and provide a hide and some anchor points. Then watch the silk "castles" being made and enjoy :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Probably the two best colorful Ts in the NW are

1. GBB - esp from sling to adult, the color and pattern changes are quite dynamic, rarely matched and not exceeded by other Ts IMO

2. A. versicolor- even males are gorgeous, which is rare in the T world.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight

you couldnt ask for a more beautiful and easy tarantula. I say go for it 100%

cold blood

Staff member
Probably the two best colorful Ts in the NW are

1. GBB - esp from sling to adult, the color and pattern changes are quite dynamic, rarely matched and not exceeded by other Ts IMO

2. A. versicolor- even males are gorgeous, which is rare in the T world.
I was telling someone exactly this just last night.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
you couldnt ask for a more beautiful and easy tarantula. I say go for it 100%
My husband said we could! :D
I'm super excited,
About husbandry, i know the sub should be really high to reduce risk of injury if a fall happens.
do i have a burrow already started or just let him/her do her thing?
Do they need as many silk plants as an arboreal T?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
My husband said we could! :D
I'm super excited,
About husbandry, i know the sub should be really high to reduce risk of injury if a fall happens.
do i have a burrow already started or just let him/her do her thing?
Do they need as many silk plants as an arboreal T?
i wouldn't worry much on borrows, although they are terrestrial Ts they do need more higher ground and artificial plants because they will heavily web up. I personally give GBBs about 4-5x their DLS from the ground to top of cage with thick high artificial plants all around the edge (from ground to top) because mine will always make Stories of hammocks. the only thing they really need for burrows is just a simple hide for the off chance that it may want to hide under objects.

(edited for spelling errors) :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I have a GBB, its pretty easy to care for. If you want a nice looking T that stays out in the open that also likes to web its enclosure then a GBB is a great ine to get

cold blood

Staff member
Can anyone recommend a seller?
Search the classifieds...dont forget to then check the corresponding review pages....theres just too many great sellers, breeders and dealers alike, to start listing them. Gbb isnt typically too difficult to track down.