GBB male or female?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am not too sure on this one anymore. They do start off as 2 nodes when they are smaller. Unfortunatly i have not seen a 2" specimens spermatheca with a scope. only my 1" GBB and my now 4" girl i raised from a sling. Of course back when she was 2" i didnt have a scope. You just have to hurry up and wait. Shouldnt be very long before your T molts again. I would guess a month to a month and a half.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you happen to have a pic I could see please? Just for my own reference.

Thanks again everyone for the replies!!
Unfortunately no. And I could very wel be wrong. I just remember when I saw my GBBs molt under the microscope it had been pretty obvious. But maybe you'd be better off waiting until it's next molt to tell.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Intriguing. Definitely a good shot of the area required but difficult to say.
The male will have 2 nodules rise from the epigastric furrow but these will not develop like the females do. As the female ages the nodules protrude further and develop mound like glands which will eventually fuse together as sclerotised spermatheca which appears a darker colour in GBB (golden brown). In front of this you should see the uterus externus which might hide some of the spermatheca.
I'm not familiar with the male organs at this size, Ive just got too many too study and often find the moults scrunched, but it suggests to me the mounds are starting to show, there's possibility of a flap of skin that suggests the uterus externus and therefore I'd go for female juvenile, with plenty of development still to go.
Good luck