GBB humidity

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Hi guys ive been having trouble keeping the humidity lower than 75%. I've read that GBB's need the humidity around 30-50%. Does anyone have any tips for me?

It is a 1.5 inch sling that is webbing its enclosure nicely.

Thanks for the help

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I'm thinking your reading into care-sheets online...don't especially a T's "specifically" required humidity level will make you go crazy, @ 1.5'' just keep the sub dry and a full water-dish and you'll be alright.

Last edited:

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Ok thank you I've been driving myself crazy thinking im gunna make the little guy sick or something

DeanK

Arachnosquire
Ignore specific humidity numbers. As long as the ventilation is good the T will be fine. Too much humidity with poor ventilation will kill it

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Ignore specific humidity numbers. As long as the ventilation is good the T will be fine. Too much humidity with poor ventilation will kill it
Okay thank you i made plenty of vent holes in the enclosure so, ventilation shouldn't be a problem :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
toss the hydrometer or whatever youre using to measure humidity for all the good it will do you.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've been using a hydrometer that i got from petco. Now after this post I'll probably get rid of it
That is for the best. All the GBB needs is dry substrate and a water dish and a hide. Don't mist the enclosure and I've never heard of one burrowing so the substrate doesn't need to be very deep.

Good luck.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
So which one of you guys is going to claim a spelling error on your cell phone, and which one is going to be honest and admit they thought a hydrometer was a hygrometer?? ;)
i honestly didnt know they were two different things... ive been spelling hygrometer like that forever.. thanks for the heads up lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i honestly didnt know they were two different things... ive been spelling hygrometer like that forever.. thanks for the heads up lol
I think that's funny. I saw someone else a long time ago type out hydrometer, and I thought "what's that guy measuring?", so I had to look it up! I've seen it lately these past few months, but not twice in the same thread. So when I saw this, I had to make a joke hahah

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You don't really need a specific humidity with these. Just provide it a water dish and keep it filled. That's it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I think that's funny. I saw someone else a long time ago type out hydrometer, and I thought "what's that guy measuring?", so I had to look it up! I've seen it lately these past few months, but not twice in the same thread. So when I saw this, I had to make a joke hahah
I still use a hydrometer to test the antifreeze in my car. I'm old school like that. :D