GBB humidity level

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, whats a good humidity range for my GBB. Where I live the humidity can drop to 20-25% and my water dishes dry up really quick. I use a humidifier to bump it up to 40% so I can breathe and function. Is 20-25% too low in my T room even for an arid species? In the wild they can burrow down during the dry parts of the day.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
the care sheets I have seen say anywhere from 50-65% try covering the half to 3/4 of the top of the tank with cling wrap,
I do this and it works pretty good for me

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Cool, thanks. I will just up the humidity of that room to 45 or 50 and let the water dish pick up the slack, I run a filter humidifier to help with the crix smell and any rogue hairs. I thought that 40% would be a bit high for a desert T.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I hate crix... think about starting a colony of B.dubia roached , My T's love them! No smell either!

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You needn't get all the dither about humidity. With GBB, just don't take steps to add it.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, whats a good humidity range for my GBB. Where I live the humidity can drop to 20-25% and my water dishes dry up really quick. I use a humidifier to bump it up to 40% so I can breathe and function. Is 20-25% too low in my T room even for an arid species? In the wild they can burrow down during the dry parts of the day.
I do absolutely nothing special for my GBB.They are some of the lowest maintenance T's in the hobby.They will survive at room temp with little humidity.I spray one wall of the enclosure once a week.One of the most beautiful T's in the hobby and they ask for little care in return.Mine seem to prefer a dry enclosure as soon as I spray they head right up a wall.So I wouldn't worry too much.A water dish and a weekly spray,done.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
The extra humidity would be for me and all the other T's and scorpions I own, not the GBB. I just don't want to make it too high.