GBB GBB GBB Oh yes....Oh yes....

Drakk

Arachnosquire
I have one of these little guys and its one of my favorite slings.
Its pretty, not overly skittish, and have alot of interesting behavior :)
Congrats!:p

psykoink

Arachnopeon
I love my GBB. Gorgeous T. It grew so fast that I never got a chance to enjoy the sling phase of its life. Mine is always out and about and talk about a webbing MONSTER. I transferred it to a bigger enclosure and by the morning every square inch of it was covered in webbing. Thick webbing too. My girl is very aggressive though. Not defensive, aggressive. As soon as you open her cage she tries to take on anything in front of her. Its not food aggression either. She just is very moody. I don't care though, she is gorgeous and well worth the anxiety everytime I have to deal with her.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gbb

I have 3, and they all now have their full adult colors! Just get one, and you'll see what the fuss is about. You'll find yourself appreciating them more and more as they age!

Dorittos

Arachnopeon
grats i have GBB sling i recently got my self i also just got a H lividum on the mail yesterday the gbb sling is pretty beautiful and fun to watch also they eat like pigs!

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
Gbb's absolutely rule :D. I grew mine, ChuChuNongNongHead from a little Jellybean. Now she's around 4" stretched, confirmed female and just a gorgeous little thing.

I honestly consider GBB's to be one of, if not perhaps the best starter T for those who aren't vehement about handling. They're rarely in spots you can't see them, even little ones will take down full sized crickets, they like it dry so tank maintenance is a breeze...and THE COLOR!

First pic is Baby Chu, second is my most recent :D. Pic kinda stinks and I need to clean out some of my collector bottles and reorganize them, hence being strewn about...but beautiful little T none the less.

Attachments

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats, Kathy:D (Am i the only one on AB who thinks the GBB looks like an argument?)

*Ducking the flying whatnots*

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How fast do they grow? What is the all of the hype about? I mean, they are pretty, but what makes them special? Are they particularly mean or friendly? I want one, just cause it looks nice, but so does my OBT... but I never see him.

What makes them special, you ask ... hmm, where do I begin? They start out as too-cute little buggies with orange curlicues on their behinds (I thought mine resembled a bee, hence the name Honeybee) - they waste no time webbing, and in short order have their enclosures festooned like a night at the ball. They ambush their prey like pouncing jaguars. Their evolution is kaleidoscopic and with every molt they seem to add an additional color to the scinitillating hues that adorned them before ... and I don't think the term "pretty" does them justice - "stunning" is closer to the mark. Are they mean? Mean as a pussycat ... at first Honeybee shies away when he encounters human skin - it isn't long before he takes his first tentative steps onto my outstretched hand, and the next thing you know, once on board, he doesn't want to get off (check out the family portrait below).

Can you tell that I share the pretty-much unanimous enthusiasm expressed on this thread for the fabulous GBB? (And every time somebody starts a new GBB thread, count me in!)

As for growth, here's a molt comparison shot (I took these tonight, by the way) - the dates of the molts, from right to left, are 12/26/09 - 5/28/10 - 7/26/10 and 10/15/10 - that's the current Honeybee upper left. (There was an intervening molt on 3/21/10 but somehow in all the excitement that exuvium got away!). Judging by the images, I'd say Honeybee's growth rate is decelerating.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Killy, thank you for sharing your pictures! I love the way you described their beauty. I can't wait to get mine, just holding off until after the holidays to mail. Their colors are truly amazing. Honeybee is a really cute name. :) That was really fun to read. :)