GBB Finally Eating!

mundanemantis

Arachnopeon
I got a GBB juvenile about a week before christmas as an early gift, and it hadn’t eaten anything since i got it. I was growing really worried and was about to post on here asking for help when i hear some scuttling and struggle, check their tank, and see them chowing down on a huge cricket i had placed in their web about 10 minutes prior. Crises averted i guess haha!

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
That's good to hear! Just for a heads up in the future, if your T doesn't eat there's no need to worry about it. Ts can go really long periods of time without eating. It's really common to see new tarantula owners post things like "Help, my T won't eat!". But a fasting T is completely normal and no cause for concern. Best of luck with your new T :)

mundanemantis

Arachnopeon
That's good to hear! Just for a heads up in the future, if your T doesn't eat there's no need to worry about it. Ts can go really long periods of time without eating. It's really common to see new tarantula owners post things like "Help, my T won't eat!". But a fasting T is completely normal and no cause for concern. Best of luck with your new T :)
Ohh yeah i know all about fasting inverts, my old curly hair got majorly picky in his final year after his ultimate moult. Not to mention my asian forest scorpion, he was picky on a WHOLE other level haha! But yeah, i know they can sometimes fast but i was just a little worried about em, ecstatic to see them happily munching on some prey finally though! And thanks for the reply and luck. :)

rosenkrieger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an adult female GBB that's eaten maybe once or twice in the year I've had her but is still plump and fairly active.

CarrotsBiteBack

Arachnopeon
Not to mention my asian forest scorpion, he was picky on a WHOLE other level haha!
Thinking of getting one of these been doing some research and apparently they are not fussy eaters. Interesting that yours is, can I ask what you fed him? Just a future heads up for me for when I need a plan B.

mundanemantis

Arachnopeon
Thinking of getting one of these been doing some research and apparently they are not fussy eaters. Interesting that yours is, can I ask what you fed him? Just a future heads up for me for when I need a plan B.
of course! feed them dubias, but they werent interested at all, so i tried crickets, and they DID attack it, and kill it, but when i checked later they had left it and not eaten it? but at least i know now they show some kind of interest in them