GBB enclosure

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Without next to nothing about the 'GBB' size :pompous:

I say that the enclosure is ok. The water dish seems IMO on the big side for that species, pretty on the "arid" part (but anyway could be the pic, the perspective etc).

I'm not a fan of skulls and whatever - but it's ok, 'GBB's' are incredibly agile and not "climb and fall" potatoes like the other NW terrestrials.

It's ok, man. And last but not least, you aren't a 'substrate Scrooge'.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
My bad, its about 1.5"dls. Dish is about. 75" diameter. Thanks for the input. Been looking for one of these for a while

In the new house 20200926_163615.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
What type of substrate are you using? Is it moistened at all? It looks kinda dark, and not bone dry.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
What type of substrate are you using? Is it moistened at all? It looks kinda dark, and not bone dry.
I just put it in out of the bag, its Josh's frogs coco cradle. I won't be adding any moisture ever. Just a dish

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
I like it. Don't be alarmed if it avoids the floor like the plague until it dries up a bit. Very pretty spider as well, I can say it is fun to watch them grow. I'm looking forward to webby updates :)

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I like it. Don't be alarmed if it avoids the floor like the plague until it dries up a bit. Very pretty spider as well, I can say it is fun to watch them grow. I'm looking forward to webby updates :)
Its doing slow exploration laps around the top. But yea its staying off the substrate. It will dry soon.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Your enclosure looks great, I'm a fan of the skull. As long as you know that these guys like dry, like drier than dry, you're good to go. I have never seen mine drink, I rarely even fill up the water dish, I give her water on the web a couple times a week and almost always find her on the opposite side of the enclosure afterwards. She's moving to the bigger critter keeper soon and I'm still trying to figure out how to entice her to web up more in the middle instead of the top corner by the vents. The joy of trying to outsmart the gbb :)

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
Your enclosure looks great, I'm a fan of the skull. As long as you know that these guys like dry, like drier than dry, you're good to go. I have never seen mine drink, I rarely even fill up the water dish, I give her water on the web a couple times a week and almost always find her on the opposite side of the enclosure afterwards. She's moving to the bigger critter keeper soon and I'm still trying to figure out how to entice her to web up more in the middle instead of the top corner by the vents. The joy of trying to outsmart the gbb :)
Oh yea, it will be kept dry. Just the moisture that was in the sub out of the bag. I've been wanting one for a while. I'm very happy to have gotten it

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Skull is a waste of space.

The rest looks fine.

Would add some objects like sticks or other cage stuff pressed into sub serving as webbing points. Not needed, but they will use it.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
Must be setting in ok, I offered a cricket and although I didn't get to see the take down I did see legs sticking out of hazes' mouth an hour later.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I would add more dirt behind the skull and the branch, You have a perfect opening for a burrow right there (see above photo) Just get rid of the plastic plants and create a cave right there.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
we built a standard terrestrial burrow and then added a couple branches at the entrance to extend it out. She did the rest

two shots showing how it started and how it is now
Cal Hide Glam.jpg

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
rotate skull so it is looking at the water dish (Red). Take the stick and lay it down flatter, and so that it extends out more (purple). Remove plants and add a roof, fill with dirt. (Pink) That way there will be a skull at the mouth of the cave (until it is webbed over) Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 2.13.44 PM.png

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
here was her enclosure about a year and a half ago. The whole thing, other than the water dish is now webbed Cali Breed 1.jpg