GBB doin laps in enclosure?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey my GBB sling (probably almost 2 inches) has lately been walking around his enclosure. Like just walking around in circles on the walls, he has a web and he doesn't appear to be making a new one. I tryed offering him food multiple times, figuring he was searching for food, but he rejects. He usualy sits in his web all day but has been doing this for like a week. Is doing this a sign of molt? I'm just curious, seems kind of weird.:?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Could be just getting a feel for things but he's not on moist substrate, is he?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually I recently did accidentaly over fill his water dish (bottle cap with rocks) too much. But I don't understand how that could bother him. He has always lived on a web at the top of his cube enclosure.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you might have to rehouse him soon.
Yeah I was going to after his next molt. And I just measured him and he is actually 1 1/2 inches. Now I am rehousing him in an enclosure of the same size (all I have laying around, and it's not too small) because Since the soil was wet it had some hidden spots of mold, and overall just looked messy.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is a picture of him in his new home. Now I can expect him to explore it. Does she look premolt?

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think your substrate was just a bit on the wet side. I'm not sure how much you overfilled the water dish, but if more than half the area of the enclosure was damp, I'd say this was the case. I keep my cyaneopubescens and rosea bone dry. Excessive moisture will produce the same restless wandering behavior you've been seeing.