GBB Burrowing All of a Sudden

fatbirdturd

Arachnopeon
I have a juvenile GBB (supposed to be female) who has always been out and about on the walls or the top of her enclosure. The past two weeks she's been out of sight a lot (not normal for her). I looked at the back of the enclosure and she made this little burrow and has been staying in there. Is everything ok? I don't know how to feed her from that angle (I use crickets and can't really drop one back there). zelda.jpg

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
She's probably in premolt. I wouldn't put in live prey. You could try feeding her prekilled prey and see if she eats. If she's hungry, she'll come out and look for food. Most likely she's probably looking for some privacy and safety while her body prepares for a molt!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
it knows what its doing just make sure it has access to clean water and keep an eye out for it, incase it molts!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have a juvenile GBB (supposed to be female) who has always been out and about on the walls or the top of her enclosure. The past two weeks she's been out of sight a lot (not normal for her). I looked at the back of the enclosure and she made this little burrow and has been staying in there. Is everything ok? I don't know how to feed her from that angle (I use crickets and can't really drop one back there). View attachment 346856
A couple weeks ago mine did that as well. Mine are about that same size as yours....2.5” to 2.75”. Within the same week all 5 of them made web tunnels and started digging down into the substrate. I'll post a link to the thread.

fatbirdturd

Arachnopeon
She's probably in premolt. I wouldn't put in live prey. You could try feeding her prekilled prey and see if she eats. If she's hungry, she'll come out and look for food. Most likely she's probably looking for some privacy and safety while her body prepares for a molt!
Thank you, I was thinking of pre-killing a cricket and putting it at the entrance, but I'll wait a week or two.