GBB Breeding Project: Tonight's The Night!

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
A couple of days ago I got 2 MM C. cyaneopubescens from Paul Becker. I placed them into 20 gallon breeder tanks with females shark-tanked in 5.5 G cages. Tonight I'm going to remove the lids from females cages and let the males do their job.
Ladies conditioned and well fed, gentlemen ready and willing. Wish me luck guys :)

Last edited:

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For sure looks great! Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll have fun watching them interact.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good luck mate and I hope your male makes it out in one piece!!!

:clap:

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Need help

Guys who have experience breeding GBB, I need your help.

Males and females have stayed together for several days. Today I've noticed a very unusual behavior from one of the females. Since 6 am she's been sitting in her web, leaning on the wall of the cage and is completely motionless. About an hour ago male entered her cage, approached her and tried to touch her legs with his.. and there was no reaction from the female!!! He then backed off and left her cage. I took him out and checked the female, she is very sluggish, did not attack the tongs and slowly crawled into her hide. I don't know what to think..
Has anyone of you experienced something like that? Is this a sign of something? Successful mating? Injury?...

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
From my experience with my girl, she drums as soon as she senses the male and does not stop calling him until the deed is done. Thanafter its all done she will not move and pretty much remain antisocial. She ignores the male totally. It would be hard to say whats wrong with your specimen from your description.

With my last mating (which is documented in my threads on the Love story and in my youtube videos) she drummed for 12 hours before male finally did the deed.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You should have more holes in those sharkcages

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never used the shark method. Not needed IMO. I just let the male walk in just like they probably would do in nature. As soon as he touches the webs, she calls for him. It boggles my mind how she just knows hes a male GBB.