GBB Appreciation Thread

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Hi there everyone. As a brand new owner of a 2 1/2 inch female Crhomatopelma cyanoepubescens, I have to say, I AM ABSOLUTELY SMITTEN!!! I never would have imagined having such incredible feelings, for a spider, but this little sweetheart, is evidence enough!!! She immediately began spinning silk, and exploring the ENTIRE enclosure, and shows more personality than ought to be allowed! {D I have never been happier with a pet purchase, in my life!

If ANY of you, enjoy your Greenbottle Blues, as much as I enjoy mine, feel free to post your opinions, stories, and pics of your GBB's here!

Consider me CONVERTED! I will likely now be a GBB fan for life! I will wait to take some pics of mine, until she has settled in a little more, but if any of you have some GBB appreciation to share, please feel free. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these little Venezuelan beauties, and now "get it" as to why everyone has at least one...:clap:

All the best,
Ben.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I watched several videos on youtube and looked over many photos online and definitely looking forward to obtaining a GBB in the near future (currently looking to purchase an A.Avic sling). I like them because they are sort of semi-arboreal because they like to spin their web on an incline in the enclosures, and are 1000x better eaters than my pet rock, G.rosea. Also love the blue color with the orange rump.

Man now I want to make the leap and get a sling.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

I have two. I need to update my pictures, they are getting their adult coloration somewhat. I LOVE the way these guys eat. Truly BAM!

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Great pics rob!!!

GBBs are one of my favorites... Im just a little unlucky breeding them as all my females ate their partners!!! Lol...

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great pics rob!!!

GBBs are one of my favorites... Im just a little unlucky breeding them as all my females ate their partners!!! Lol...
Mine at all the partners but I am luck to get sacs...have 2 more on the way. Question, did you flood the burrow to simulate spring?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love the GBB and I've had them (two) less than a year! They are just starting to get the blue carapace and still have some of the black banding on the abdomen.

They leave web just about EVERYWHERE they go and if they aren't in premolt, GBB really know how to stuff their faces with food. I never take anything out of their cage without tweezers because very slight touch of their webbing or a vibration seems to cause a feeding response. Very fun to watch them pounce!

Anyone have both the GBB and Bonnetina cyaneifemur? That's another pretty one. I want some so bad.. :drool:{D

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
awesome pics rob

MANY THANKS for those photos. I never realized this until just now, but my username initials are GBB (Great Basin Ben), so maybe this is why I've fallen head over heels for these things!:)

I just got to watch mine eat, and MAN, you guys weren't kidding! What a little MONSTER!!! I'm now even MORE smitten!!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
MANY THANKS for those photos. I never realized this until just now, but my username initials are GBB (Great Basin Ben), so maybe this is why I've fallen head over heels for these things!:)

I just got to watch mine eat, and MAN, you guys weren't kidding! What a little MONSTER!!! I'm now even MORE smitten!!
You were destined for GBBs even before you were born my friend

WeezyTheAvic

Arachnopeon
There great i got 2 from robc. They hit hard even when babys and web up there enclosures. Now that i know robc has 2 more sacs on the way looks like iam getting more cant help myself. There 1 of the coolest Ts in my opinion and versicolors. The color changeing Ts are amazing.{D

Run3

Arachnopeon
I had one a couple of months ago, really miss it, was the most exciting T I had, allways webbing or eating, and such nice colours too!

Definetly getting one soon

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Love them! My daughter got one a couple months back. It's about 3/4" now and full of personality. Tackles her crickets; it's so funny to watch. She has been pretty skittish but once when I opened the container she ran to the top and I put my hand up so she wouldn't fall and she walked out onto my hand. Now, almost every time I open it she walks to the top right where my hand is and tries to walk out onto it. I know she probably doesn't remember that walk but it's funny because it's almost like "okay I'm ready to go for another walk". We have really enjoyed her and I'm glad my daughter was set on a GBB!

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, I noticed that when I saw this thread, Ben. I figured you meant the tarantula though and weren't doing an appreciation thread for yourself! {D

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I always LOVE GBB appreciation threads - they're an invitation to talk about Honeybee, my GBB.

Here's my favorite portrait ....
IMG_0279.JPG