GBB adult enclosure

IdleGloomy

Deactivated account
Hey all. For those of you that have adult C. cyaneopubescens or have had them, I understand they are more of a “subarboreal” species. Do you guys keep yours in a more terrestrial or arboreal setup? My little one is in a terrestrial setup with more things to web on than my other terrestrials, but curious as to how you all house your adults for the future.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Keep them in a terrestrial setup with lots of anchor points.

IdleGloomy

Deactivated account
There is no such thing as far as "semiarboreal" goes.
I know it’s not a real classification. Richard from the tarantula collective uses it as a term for any Ts such as the GBB or OBT that really like to web up and need more anchor points for their web than strictly terrestrial Ts.

ArachniMarc

Arachnopeon
I know it’s not a real classification. Richard from the tarantula collective uses it as a term for any Ts such as the GBB or OBT that really like to web up and need more anchor points for their web than strictly terrestrial Ts.
Richard from the tarantula collective also considered the T. Vagans as one of the most dangerous Ts...........

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

SO let me get this straight, if a terrestrial species uses 2 sticks and a blade of grass to set up shop- that's terrestrial. BUT if another species uses 50 anchor ponts, all found on the ground that's make it semi-arboreal---- if so, that's really, really stupid.

How many anchor points does it take to be "semi-aboreal" hahahahahahah

GBBs are a terrestrial species cased closed.

They have been observed in the wild in trees but only due to environmental pressures.

IdleGloomy

Deactivated account
SO let me get this straight, if a terrestrial species uses 2 sticks and a blade of grass to set up shop- that's terrestrial. BUT if another species uses 50 anchor ponts, all found on the ground that's make it semi-arboreal---- if so, that's really, really stupid.

How many anchor points does it take to be "semi-aboreal" hahahahahahah

GBBs are a terrestrial species cased closed.

They have been observed in the wild in trees but only due to environmental pressures.
No need to be making insults now. All I wanted was answers to my questions and I got them. Thanks, I guess.

Richard from the tarantula collective also considered the T. Vagans as one of the most dangerous Ts...........
Probably just because they are a bit more on the defensive side from his experience. Every T is different.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No need to be making insults now. All I wanted was answers to my questions and I got them. Thanks, I guess.
Not insulting you, you are merely messenger. Even very smart people come up with stupid ideas ALL the TIME!! The idea you conveyed just shows an incredible lack of critical thinking, like a TON.

One of the most dangerous..are you kidding me? How does someone arrive at that conclusion given DECADES worth of experience from TONS of PEOPLE that experienced otherwise. This guy is crazy.

IdleGloomy

Deactivated account
One of the most dangerous..are you kidding me? How does someone arrive at that conclusion given DECADES worth of experience from TONS of PEOPLE that experienced otherwise. This guy is crazy.
He has over 200 tarantulas. You tell me.

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well this certainly went sideways real quick. I have to agree with everyone else though, GBB are terrestrial. As to the rest, I don't have a comment. :)

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
For the record: As far as I saw, Richard changed the title of that video from "dangerous" to "defensive". That happened after he apparently caught a lot of (deserved) flak. Still clickbait alright...

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
For the record: As far as I saw, Richard changed the title of that video from "dangerous" to "defensive". That happened after he apparently caught a lot of (deserved) flak. Still clickbait alright...
You know somebody is desperate for views when they come to that conclusion from years of T keeping...