Garter Snake

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi, My friend gave one of his garter snakes to me, and my family is fond of my arachnids but not of a snake, Im thinking he can become a meal to one of my T's or my huge alpha emperor?
Any tips or suggestions

Fuggrur

Arachnopeon
GIVE HIM TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:)

Seriously, If you dont want him, I will trade for the snake.. Heck, look in the watering forum, I was LOOKING to buy one..

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Fuggrur
GIVE HIM TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:)

Seriously, If you dont want him, I will trade for the snake.. Heck, look in the watering forum, I was LOOKING to buy one..
Let me know if you're still looking. A friend of mine works in a local pet store and a blue garter snake that they recently acquired has just dropped a load of babies. If you're interested, I'll hook you up with him.

Botar

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Heh, they've got 3 - 4 inch florida garter snakes for sale at the petstore here (12.95). I've really been tempted to use it as an expensive treat..

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice Lunch

the snake is still in an small enclosure waiting to become lunch, I yet dont know who would make a better meal of it. My rose hair has been on crickets for a while, the snake would come as a fillet mignone after eating mcdonalds for so long, lol

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If your rosie eats it, anyways. I don't know about yours, but mine are scared to death of pinkies. I can't imagine mine touching something that may actually bite back.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Garters have small, sharp teeth, more than capable of piercing human skin, and I would think a tarantula's abdomen (unless we're talking about a very small snake).

They are also capable of expelling cloacal musk as a defense. Don't know if it would actually hurt the tarantula, but it STINKS. I mean bad, like the worst human B.O. you've ever smelled times 5. It's also hard to wash off.

In other words, it ain't the same as a pinkie or an anole!

Wade

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Actually, if it's a very small snake, there's probably not much more than the equivalent amount of meat from a pinkie... small snakes don't have that much meat on them... not sure how much of a treat it will be to have to pick little bits of meat off a prey item that long...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Amen on the smell Wade! Yikes, I think a skunk actually smells better than a garter snake! We have tons of them on our property, and we used to catch them and just hold them. However, the smell is so bad, and takes so long to wash off, we quit doing it!
I don't know about it bothering a T, but it certainly could. It's a defense mechanism!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hate garter snakes for the simple fact that they wreak. I dont think i could ever have one as a pet. GROSS. Even if you just look at them they start to emit that awful skunk smell. It makes you wanna slash your wrists rather than deal with the scent.

When i was young we used to throw garter snakes on electric fences so they would get zapped and puke out their guts.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Jacen,

For someone who has an inordinate amount of compassion for Ts, you sure didn't save any for herps... :)

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what to do

thsi garter smells like dead a corpse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant help it, my friend is taking it from me tomorrow and feeding it to his king snake.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
When i was young we used to throw garter snakes on electric fences so they would get zapped and puke out their guts.
I take it you don't like snakes? Seems a bit harsh, hope I don't come back as a snake and you a little boy and we cross paths! ;)