garr b fusca tips plzz

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thay keep dieing... out of 80 i probly had around 10 or so die now :( any help at all plz !!

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this sucks balls, no ones willing to help me at all, im thinking its humidity,and i mist daily but still im so worried, most are realy small babies, a few lareger sub adults and one adult. thear all in a plastic show box, but im about to switch them into a terrarium to see if thay do beater with that.
allso i got the eco earth stuff for a substraite, but should i ditch substrait alltogether?

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
!!! You should always wait a day or two for replies...'specially on weekends.
Did you look closely for a mite infection? Had that problem with E.distanti (photo is on a thread here). You should only need to mist once or twice a week. A larger tank with some ventilation should help. There should be 2-3 inches of substrate (what I do) that is damp but not moist or wet to maintain humidity. Try mixing in something like leaves or sphagnum moss to make it loose and easy to burrow in... some of my bugs in the past seem to suffocate if in 100% Eco-earth, though others do fine in it. What are you feeding them? I am suspicious of anything that contains Propylene-glycol, if you are using dog food. No fact to support this other than some tropical animals find it deadly toxic (i.e. Toucans (I know birds and insects are a stretch of a correlation)).
Just a few thoughts. I am not an expert.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im useing a mix of ground dog food, calcium powder, oat mill, grits.
i allso throw in bits of fruit too on the side.