Gargoyle gecko growth?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I got a juvie gargoyle gecko back in September. At the time she was estimated to be about 7 months old (so now she would be about a year old). My question, though, is when will she get to be a larger size? When I first got her she was 5" from nose tip to tail, and five months later she has grown about 3/4 of an inch. Does that sound right? I know they're slow growers, but just how slow are they? When might she get to be a more respectable size, and when do they stop growing?

Here are some pics of Louise. :)

My beardie is a monster in comparison (he was half-awake at the time of this photo, so there was no danger for the gecko).

Last edited:

tarzan2day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't have an answer for your question, but these are wonderful photos!!!!!!!

Onagro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pics!

Most of my gargoyles took 18-24 months to get to maturity and continued to grow slowly for a few more years. It seems like they stop growing at 5-6 inches snout to vent. Funny thing is, I was told mine were small for gargoyles!

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Nice pics!

Most of my gargoyles took 18-24 months to get to maturity and continued to grow slowly for a few more years. It seems like they stop growing at 5-6 inches snout to vent. Funny thing is, I was told mine were small for gargoyles!
Wow, slow-growing things. Thanks for the info!