Galeogirl... got a question

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Galeogirl,

I'm posting this instead of e-mailing or PM because I thought there might be others interested as well.

How do you have your lobster roaches set up? What do you feed them?

So far, the ones you sent me are doing fine, but they are all staying together crowded in the little piece of egg crate you sent with them.

Botar

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have mine in a 10 gallon tank with several pieces of egg carton and a plastic tree stump that one of my snakes outgrew. They like to hide, most of the time the tank looks empty unless I've just fed or misted them. The also tend to prefer dark-colored hiding spots over light-colored ones.

I feed them dry dog food and Fluker cricket diet, along with fresh fruits, veggies, and little pieces of whole-grain bread. They occasionally like a little chunk of meat or wet dog food, but I only give that to them in small amounts because of the potential for bacteria, fungus, or odors. They also will eat rodent chow pellets. I mist the tank every night after it gets dark and they all come out to drink from the glass. I've also given them water crystals when the weather was especially hot and dry because I was worried about the nymphs dehydrating.

Remember, they're roaches, they like similar conditions to the ones that live under your sink. ;)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you ma'am. No roaches under my sink, but I get the point.

Botar