GAL mites and worms

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
was absolutely heartbroken today to find mites and worms in my giant african land snails enclosure.. Pickle seems to have been hit the most.. have washed them and put them in a seperate tub, I'm worried that they came from the black beauties I received as a gift as I noticed what appeared to be a mite on one the day I got them but wasnt sure- and that 2 have died since, they were also stacked together, have washed out the snails tub thouroughly but my heart is breaking, I love my snails so much.. have bought new substrate and hide, will update when I have more.
any idea what I should do with the black beauties as now I only have hatchlings left?

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
was absolutely heartbroken today to find mites and worms in my giant african land snails enclosure.. Pickle seems to have been hit the most.. have washed them and put them in a seperate tub, I'm worried that they came from the black beauties I received as a gift as I noticed what appeared to be a mite on one the day I got them but wasnt sure- and that 2 have died since, they were also stacked together, have washed out the snails tub thouroughly but my heart is breaking, I love my snails so much.. have bought new substrate and hide, will update when I have more.
any idea what I should do with the black beauties as now I only have hatchlings left?
Sorry to hear that :/ Are snails that affected by mites?
Are black beauties Peruphasma schultei or a snail sp.?

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Sorry to hear that :/ Are snails that affected by mites?
Are black beauties Peruphasma schultei or a snail sp.?
Peruvian Black Beauty Stick insects, the snails were less affected by the mites but the "larva" if thats what they were? they had little worms all over them and Pickle wasnt even coming out of its shell to eat the poor thing :( put them in the new clean enclosure today with their food on a plastic lid, but if needed I will get woodlice/pill bugs to get rid of the mites once and for all, Have read mites can stress them to starvation/death :(

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
"Larvae?" Are they slender and do they wriggle back and forth like eels, or are they stout and do they move with an "inching" motion?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Possibly nematodes, though they are usually too small to get a good look at without magnification.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Im also starting to think that the recent heat plus the food may have lured flies to lay there- have place mesh over vents now- Snails aside the Black Beauties mites seem to have cleared up but we shall see

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Your description doesn't quite sound like fly larvae, but if they are maggots of some sort I would try briefly dunking the snails in water to see if that drowns the worms.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Your description doesn't quite sound like fly larvae, but if they are maggots of some sort I would try briefly dunking the snails in water to see if that drowns the worms.
I did that initially and they seemed to come off, have given the snails several baths since