User Gaherp's photo thread

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Will post more, but thought I would start with the transfer of this little one I got from Scorpionbreeder. Luckily this little Iriminia decided not to do
anything crazy. At this age though they dont really do to much anyways. My wife loves this little one alot and hopefully it ends up being a female I guess
after the next molt we will know for sure.
smaller size plastic jar decorated up.

close-up of the little one.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't get too comfortable - my 1,5" sling was throwing threatpostures from that size on already. She's now 3" and seems to have calmed down some. :D

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
lol I figured as much, but you can't tell my wife anything. When my cobalts used to teleport and get me it was all my fault. She has yet to feel a T. bite yet but with her handling
them so much now its going to happen, and I will be posting the I told you so's lol :)

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Got a few pics to add to my thread.
I guess I will start with some Pulchripes.
This female just wanted to stay on her hill no matter what.

Next goes along with that dont poke the bear deal. Well I just had to and you can see from the pics she wasn't having it luckily my finger was quicker :eek:

Next we have a Avic Avic. I just haven't got around to sexing it.

Finally a B. Vagans that just molted.

More pics to come in the following week or so.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great looking pulchripes and nice pics (glad you were faster - they have quite large fangs compared to body-size) My female is pretty much unpredictable, too: One time she's a doll and the next moment she starts acting like a freaking Psalm threatposing, slapping...you name it :D

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Yes the Irminia is much larger and have gotten plenty of that from them. The pulchripes above does the same, but not too much. I do handle them a little but keep them right over a flat surface just in case I get the surprise attack lol.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Converted this beef jerky display into a dartfrog viv about 7 years ago, and now did a little bit more of a conversion to it for a new T. we are getting. I will post pics of the T. in it when she arrives next week :) The dimentions are 12x12x14 with slant front and a vent on top. Also did a full cork tunnel in the left side that runs the full length with entrances at both ends. Hope she enjoys it.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Here are some new ones I acquired. Will post a few more when they decide to come out of hiding :)
female canceroides showing her rear to me.

Female Irminia. I have a male also just got but wont be trying a pairing for a month or so.

Nhandu Chromatus quick lil' bugger

Avic. sp. peru purple male(a friend of mine of facebook just had him molt out with hooks and had to have him for a female I am getting)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Although I haven't bred any myself so far, I'd personally inquire when that female molted last time. Although Psalmopoeus spp. -can- double-clutch actually, I wouldn't take the chance of her molting out without doing so. But as mentioned, I haven't bred so far myself, it's just what I'd do beforehand.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
That's why I'm waiting on them going to try and fatten her up so hopefully she molts, but will definitely ask also just to make sure.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Paired the Irminia tonight. Houdini did his job with 3 visual lock-ups. He survived the ordeal with no ill effects. The female had molted in July so am not too worried about a molt for a while. Will keep updates on them, and will pair them one more time just to make sure.

DSCN2279.JPG

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Good luck on getting at least one sac from her...keep us updated ;)

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Will do and will post in the breeding reports once I get more photos.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Nuthin much going on just thought I would post some pics of T's. Will also be posting pics of the Irminia pairing up again on Sun.
Here are some pics of my fav. female G. Pulchripes.

The P. Canceroides female finally decided to come out and say hello.

Last is one of my wife's G. Rosea she has had forever.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Well it looks like the female irminia is plumping right on up for some egg dropping :) She is getting alot of junk and the trunk and this is her first meal she has taken in 5 days(had to pull some roaches out and it was not fun:eek:). I am also posting below some of the little ones we are growing up. Included are a b. smithi and a avic. versicolor I have alot of each, but these two were the most photogenic. I will be posting a pic of some of the fasciatum I am growing up once they molt one more time. Enjoy the pics,
Michael

Female Irimnia

B. smithi

A. versicolor

Anansi12

Arachnosquire
That is one awesome looking G. pulchripes you have there. I'm trying to find a local MM P. irminia so my lady can take a mate, but no luck so far.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Finally she poked her head out, can you guess what this one is. :)
DSCN2347.jpg

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
H. mac? ;) She looks good - at least the bit of her we can see :D

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Got it, She is alot whiter then this pic shows, but I am not pulling her out to show right now :eek:

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Looked in on the female Irminia today and we have a sac. Now the waiting game begins. I will get pics up shortly.