Gaboon

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Little new addition eating and drinking right out of the box.Now I got all the snakes scratch off my hot list for now.:D

Still I have T I need to get to scratch off my T wish list though.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

2 more shots

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is about the only venomous snake I want. They are very awesome.

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice gaboon how old is it and remember to stay away from its fangs ;)

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its a late 10' model,yea and its fangs a bigger than my adult side winder:eek:

Cool snake.If ya notice its actually 2 snakes .I traded the lighter colored head one for several rodents with a friend of mine

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I prefer the lighter colored pastel gaboons those are amazingly beautiful

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Nice snakes, are they eastern or westerns?

Later, Tom

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
those are really awesome...my dream snake is a copperhead, but the ole lady wont let me:mad:

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is one gorgeous snake. I would love to have a gaboon viper, just stunning.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
those are really awesome...my dream snake is a copperhead, but the ole lady wont let me:mad:
I have to pair of the southern copper heads.They are really neat snakes.I have them from 3 different areas and the have different tones of copper from each area.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Copperheads are pretty nice too... I saw one small one down by the pond in my backyard. Gaboons are my favorite though.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice Kevin.

Of all the baby bitis I have had to take care of, they have all been "water bowl stupid" and every cleaning ending in putting their heads in the water.

In time get some river jacks and make coolest hybrid there is.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice Kevin.

Of all the baby bitis I have had to take care of, they have all been "water bowl stupid" and every cleaning ending in putting their heads in the water.

In time get some river jacks and make coolest hybrid there is.
I have not yet put a water bowl yet,so far the one I kept drinks from my water squeeze bottle,just to see if its drinking.I will put a water bowl in, in a day or so

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I have not yet put a water bowl yet,so far the one I kept drinks from my water squeeze bottle,just to see if its drinking.I will put a water bowl in, in a day or so
Btw what are river jacks? I friend of mine Breed his male gaboon to his friends rhino and a gaboon.Hopefully it is successful for I can get female for my guy;)

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
im going to NC again in september to visit, and will be there about 8 days...gonna catch some more widows and lynx and stuff like that...i was debating on looking for baby copperheads and rattlers, maybe catch em and sell em...i dunno doubt i will...but ill def get some pics if i see any...

I have to pair of the southern copper heads.They are really neat snakes.I have them from 3 different areas and the have different tones of copper from each area.

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bitis naiscornis goes by a few names. river jack, butterfly adder, and rhino viper.

the hybrid is gabino's very cool snake.

you can cross gaboons,rhino's, and puff adders.

puff rhino crosses are really rare.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful snake! Not something I'd want in my house but they are still remarkable to me.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fantastic looking snake ya got there. I've always loved Gaboons, even before I started really paying attention to exotics. They are one of the coolest looking vipers, and they get giant! I bet that guy will be quite a handful when he gets up to adult size.

Do hot snakes stay pretty docile when raised in captivity like boa's, etc do, or do they stay snarky because they aren't handled?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some get more "tolerable" to me,but I would not say tame.I would not give the light of day to trust one.I have some that never took a swing at me but never is not here yet;)

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Beautiful Gaboon I would love to get one but I am not into keeping Hot snakes right now.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Very cool snake. Not something I'd get anytime soon though.