G. sp concepicon

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hello.

Has any one kept Grammostola sp concepicon and if so what are they like and are they as moody as G.rosea?.
As I've read from owners of G.rosea they change personality in a second and turn evil..
Is Grammostola sp concepicon just a RCF of G.rosea?
Any info would be great as I like the look of these but just need to get more insight of them..

Many thanks.
J

Last edited:

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
I have a few conceptions and find them to be a bit more active than your standard rosea or porteri but other wise the same mannerisms. They are on average pretty docile but do have their pissy moments. Some individuals are less "understanding" than others and I would not say they are "friendly" T's as I would not say any T really is. I also have few rosea, rosea "Red Form", and porteri for comparison. Like I say all pretty similar.

G. sp. "Conception" is still being considered for classification as the whole "rosea" group has been clumped together without any real attention to their differences and distribution for a very long time. I think it is likely that they will be classified as a separate species in the future but likely the rosea "Red Form" will stay as simply a colour phase.

jb62

Arachnosquire
I have a few conceptions and find them to be a bit more active than your standard rosea or porteri but other wise the same mannerisms. They are on average pretty docile but do have their pissy moments. Some individuals are less "understanding" than others and I would not say they are "friendly" T's as I would not say any T really is. I also have few rosea, rosea "Red Form", and porteri for comparison. Like I say all pretty similar.

G. sp. "Conception" is still being considered for classification as the whole "rosea" group has been clumped together without any real attention to their differences and distribution for a very long time. I think it is likely that they will be classified as a separate species in the future but likely the rosea "Red Form" will stay as simply a colour phase.
Hi.
I was told the red form is more moody and aggressive then the normal form and the porteri was the real first rosea years ago?..
And the G.pulcha is the best grammostola of all!..
But a friend has a G.conception and said he's is really sweet..
I know no two T's are ever the same lol.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Yes I would say pulchra is the most layed back in general, and Red Forms are touchy but IMO just as touchy as regular roseas. People just have this picture in their head of a rosea being the perfect princess and it clouds their real personality. I still love them all I just respect that they have an attitude that needs to be taken into account. I havent seen any sign of my porteri being quicker than a rosea. About the same really.

I know rosea arent the most exciting T but I enjoy them. My favourite Grammostola is G. grossa. If you get a chance to get one I recommended them. Beautiful animals.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
I have seen it referred to as "conception" and mine were labeled as such but now that you mention it and I did some google searches I do believe you are correct. Thank you very much for that clarification.