G. sp. Concepcion

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What interesting is the link I posted the names of the tarantulas there is not one species listed as Grammostola sp. "Maule".

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
View attachment 229604 That's an old link I remember it.

Late last year there was a topic about Grammostola sp. "Maule" and Grammostola rosea, both of these names that some of this spiders had were mistakenly labeled, which the name should only be recognized as sp. "Concepción". In my opinion sp. "Maule" I think it was giving for sales purposes.

Now here we're it also gets confusing as well, there is a species that the Chilean hobbyists are calling it Grammostola sp. "
Café", in the USA I believe that this species has been mistakenly called sp. "Maule" as well. @BobBarley on post #18 of the link you posted Misslanie29 she posted a couple of photos of what I believe is the species "Café". Misslanie29 seem to have confused herself on her own post of posting photos of her specimen and labeled it "Maule" and "Concepción", I don't know what she was thinking during that time. I spoke with her today she said that the spider was sold to her as Grammostola rosea, however in my opinion I don't believe it was a "Rosea". I personally have two species that were sold to me as "Maule" which I believe are the sp. "Café" both are recently molted and I see a difference between the true "Rosea" and what I believe is the sp. "Café". they both almost appears to look the same but there is still a difference between them that makes me think otherwise of both been the same species. But than again maybe a different locality of the same species, who knows?

When the weather gets better I'll get some really nice photos of my females sp. "Café" for now this is the only photo I have of one of them and in the meantime I'll try to find out from some of the people from South America that I'm in contact with and ask them for their input of this matter.

Bottom line is there is only one Grammostola sp. "Concepción". This species shouldn't be label listed as some other names. Same goes with Grammostola rosea or as I stated before that there is most likely another species in the US hobby that it's called Grammostola sp. "Café".
I'm actually really glad you pasted a picture of a true Concepcion.. I would go to images online and find all kinds of different grammostola and it got to where I didn't know which was which. Beautiful T.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_4098.JPG IMG_3500.JPG
I'm actually really glad you pasted a picture of a true Concepcion.. I would go to images online and find all kinds of different grammostola and it got to where I didn't know which was which. Beautiful T.
@Dylan Campbell I have not posted photo of the true Grammostola sp. "Concepción". The post you quoted me that has the attachment on it is of Grammostola sp. "Café".

On thiis post is of Grammostola sp. "Concepción". This species have bulging scopula on the metatarsals. Top photo is of a female the bottom photo is of a mature male.

Last edited:

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Wow...and i thought Avicularia genus was a mess...
Beautiful spiders though!

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
I have a 7 year old female that's great. I can do whatever I want in her enclosure and she just keeps on doing her thing. Of course she doesn't always feel like eating.