G. sp. Concepcion

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
can anyone tell me some things about this species? Don't really see much on it other than the fact they're like caring for a rose hair.. wanted to really get some info on these before I think about buying

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
It's exactly the same as caring for a G. rosea. :) Follow their care ( keep it dry with only a waterdish and you'll be fine.)

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
It's exactly the same as caring for a G. rosea. :) Follow their care ( keep it dry with only a waterdish and you'll be fine.)
Definitely going to consider one then I think they're beautiful but they are a little more expensive I've noticed

Rachel87

Arachnopeon
I got one end of November. Only care I could find was to look after them like a rosea. Don't worry if it doesn't eat straight away. Mine didn't for about 5 weeks.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
I got one end of November. Only care I could find was to look after them like a rosea. Don't worry if it doesn't eat straight away. Mine didn't for about 5 weeks.
My rosea actually did the same thing haha. They share basically equal qualities

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Most of the sp. concepcion I see photos of from people in the US dont look like the sp. concepcion I see here. I have been informed that 'maule' is the same as concepcion. I havent seen sp. 'maule' here in UK but have seen plenty concepcion. I am still unsure to wether or not they are the same.

From the photos of maule I see white setae up to the patella from metatarsal and a lighter carapace and less of a red colouration.

I think Exo Inv. has definitely got a power of concepcion but he says they are the same? I would expect it is alike the variants of porteri and rosea too.

Heres my adult female long after moult
View media item 36732

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Most of the sp. concepcion I see photos of from people in the US dont look like the sp. concepcion I see here. I have been informed that 'maule' is the same as concepcion. I havent seen sp. 'maule' here in UK but have seen plenty concepcion. I am still unsure to wether or not they are the same.

From the photos of maule I see white setae up to the patella from metatarsal and a lighter carapace and less of a red colouration.

I think Exo Inv. has definitely got a power of concepcion but he says they are the same? I would expect it is alike the variants of porteri and rosea too.

Heres my adult female long after moult
View media item 36732
Maule and Concepcion are the same??? I had thought that one of the main differences that separated the two (and Concepcion from rosea for that matter) was that Concepcion has a disk formation on its metatarsus. @Exoskeleton Invertebrates could you elaborate?

EDIT: Here's a link -- http://arachnoboards.com/threads/be-aware-grammostola-maule.259220/

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yes these are what I think are the same yet specimens vary quite differently. With the metatarsus aside. I am sure it is a locality effort like 'sp. north'

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_3983.JPG
Maule and Concepcion are the same??? I had thought that one of the main differences that separated the two (and Concepcion from rosea for that matter) was that Concepcion has a disk formation on its metatarsus. @Exoskeleton Invertebrates could you elaborate?

EDIT: Here's a link -- http://arachnoboards.com/threads/be-aware-grammostola-maule.259220/
That's an old link I remember it.

Late last year there was a topic about Grammostola sp. "Maule" and Grammostola rosea, both of these names that some of this spiders had were mistakenly labeled, which the name should only be recognized as sp. "Concepción". In my opinion sp. "Maule" I think it was giving for sales purposes.

Now here we're it also gets confusing as well, there is a species that the Chilean hobbyists are calling it Grammostola sp. "
Café", in the USA I believe that this species has been mistakenly called sp. "Maule" as well. @BobBarley on post #18 of the link you posted Misslanie29 she posted a couple of photos of what I believe is the species "Café". Misslanie29 seem to have confused herself on her own post of posting photos of her specimen and labeled it "Maule" and "Concepción", I don't know what she was thinking during that time. I spoke with her today she said that the spider was sold to her as Grammostola rosea, however in my opinion I don't believe it was a "Rosea". I personally have two species that were sold to me as "Maule" which I believe are the sp. "Café" both are recently molted and I see a difference between the true "Rosea" and what I believe is the sp. "Café". they both almost appears to look the same but there is still a difference between them that makes me think otherwise of both been the same species. But than again maybe a different locality of the same species, who knows?

When the weather gets better I'll get some really nice photos of my females sp. "Café" for now this is the only photo I have of one of them and in the meantime I'll try to find out from some of the people from South America that I'm in contact with and ask them for their input of this matter.

Bottom line is there is only one Grammostola sp. "Concepción". This species shouldn't be label listed as some other names. Same goes with Grammostola rosea or as I stated before that there is most likely another species in the US hobby that it's called Grammostola sp. "Café".

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
View attachment 229604 That's an old link I remember it.

Late last year there was a topic about Grammostola sp. "Maule" and Grammostola rosea, both of these names that some of this spiders had were mistakenly labeled, which the name should only be recognized as sp. "Concepción". In my opinion sp. "Maule" I think it was giving for sales purposes.

Now here we're it also gets confusing as well, there is a species that the Chilean hobbyists are calling it Grammostola sp. "
Café", in the USA I believe that this species has been mistakenly called sp. "Maule" as well. @BobBarley on post #18 of the link you posted Misslanie29 she posted a couple of photos of what I believe is the species "Café". Misslanie29 seem to have confused herself on her own post of posting photos of her specimen and labeled it "Maule" and "Concepción", I don't know what she was thinking during that time. I spoke with her today she said that the spider was sold to her as Grammostola rosea, however in my opinion I don't believe it was a "Rosea". I personally have two species that were sold to me as "Maule" which I believe are the sp. "Café" both are recently molted and I see a difference between the true "Rosea" and what I believe is the sp. "Café". they both almost appears to look the same but there is still a difference between them that makes me think otherwise of both been the same species. But than again maybe a different locality of the same species, who knows?

When the weather gets better I'll get some really nice photos of my females sp. "Café" for now this is the only photo I have of one of them and in the meantime I'll try to find out from some of the people from South America that I'm in contact with and ask them for their input of this matter.

Bottom line is there is only one Grammostola sp. "Concepción". This species shouldn't be label listed as some other names. Same goes with Grammostola rosea or as I stated before that there is most likely another species in the US hobby that it's called Grammostola sp. "Café".
Very interesting. Never heard of sp. "Café". What's its locality? Any definitive characteristics to separate it from the other, red "rose hairs"?