G. sp. concepcion strange legs

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Upon closer inspection of my larger G. sp. concepcion I have noticed she lacks a large portion of hairs on her front legs. It seems to be limited to the outer portion of both left and right front patella and tibia, and the first portion of her metatarsus. I have not seen this on my other concepcion, any of my other Grammostolas of for that matter any of my other T's at all. I am just wondering if anyone has seen this or has any idea what may have caused it.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe lost them in molt. I have a rosea that had an injured leg and when it molted, it was missing hairs on portions of it's leg. Beautiful spider BTW.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do have vent holes drilled in the enclosure??....looks like she been rubbin them on somthin....i notice some of on my T`s like to stick there legs thru the holes, it seems to rub the hair off right down the the exo.....or did you get her that way??.....being wild caught, they come wit some real world wear and tear.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
She came to me that way and yes she would be WC so that makes sense. None of the vent holes would fit a leg I believe but I know what you mean about them sticking legs through them. All my Paraphysa dwarfs love to do that. Its rather cute to see their flailing legs protruding from the enclosure. I always put my finger on their little feet lol.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Thank you for you compliments. I am trying to find my camera charger so that I can photograph the rest of our collection to share with you all.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Well she molted yesterday and has her pretty new wardrobe all perfectly intact. Since she was WC and this is her first molt in captivity, I got a chance to prove her sex. It is always a happy day when you find another female :D

Here are some shots I took of her while she was still firming up.

And a shot of her Spermathecae for good measure.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I will probably take more photos today or tomorrow with her being included. It was actually a great couple of days for molts. Had her yesterday and today had a 1/2" GBB, 1.5" T. gigas, and a 1/2" C.fimbriatus molt.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
it always seem to happen that way, My last round of molts went the same 4 molts in two days...go figure