G. Rosea...

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got back from class to find Kira (my mature female rosea) in the death curl in the corner of the cage. She'd been fine this morning (albeit more hyper than normal) so I asked my Mom what had happened and apparently Mom was handling her and she got dropped. :mad: :(

We'd had fights about her handling her before because I was afraid of this happening...

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And she's mad at me because Kira used to be her's and I forbid her to handle her.

I've moved my other T to the utter safety of my room (which is locked whenever I"m not home from now on) but I just wish I had done the same for Kira.

I've had her since I was six. SIX. That's thirteen years. And she's gone because of pure stupidity.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm so sorry. Thirteen years...I'm sure she had a very good life with you.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gosh that sucks. Could even been prevented if she'd handled on the floor if at all... :(

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gosh that sucks. Could even been prevented if she'd handled on the floor if at all... :(
The few times I handled her (before I was old enough to understand the danger to her if she was dropped.) I was always sitting on the floor and when Mom gave her to me when I turned fifteen (she'd been my mother's before that) I stopped handling her completely except for the two times I rehoused her and tank maintanence.

I wish I had been home to prevent this. I'm under the opionion that people just shouldn't mess with other people's pets if they're not home...

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you should guilt mom into buy you a new T now, preferably one that will sufficently deter her from wanting to handle ever again. question is, do you want itchy-kicky or super defensive now? lol.

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
Guilt her into getting an OBT...then tell her all is forgiven and she can handle it first {D

On a serious note though, sorry for the loss. Definitely part of the family after thirteen years

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I doubt she'll be handling anymore Ts now that she has seen her own ignorance. Shame it takes the death of something for people to get it through their thick skulls.
Sorry if I sound rude but this annoys me.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While I can feel your loss as well don't be so hard on the parental unit.

AS you said she was her's before yours and as a father we have a similar situation with some of the T's my boys (10 and 12) have purchased. While they are theirs to own and fully care for in a few years they will always be mine, technically.

I'm sure your mother feels bad or worse than you can imagine and accidents happen. Give her a hug and don't shut her out of the T scene because it's something you both obviously enjoy and can use as you get older to connect.

I'm sorry for your loss but don't go losing a relationship over it either.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
While I can feel your loss as well don't be so hard on the parental unit.

AS you said she was her's before yours and as a father we have a similar situation with some of the T's my boys (10 and 12) have purchased. While they are theirs to own and fully care for in a few years they will always be mine, technically.

I'm sure your mother feels bad or worse than you can imagine and accidents happen. Give her a hug and don't shut her out of the T scene because it's something you both obviously enjoy and can use as you get older to connect.

I'm sorry for your loss but don't go losing a relationship over it either.
Unfortunately we didn't have much of a relationship to start with. But I'll try not to be too hard on her because of it.