G. Rosea sling's appetite increasing?

vaulthunting101

Arachnopeon
I've had my Rosie sling for about 3 or so months now and it's never jumped on prey as soon as I feed it, waiting several minutes to hours before finally eating. The last few feeding days, however, it's seemed more aggressive in snagging it's meal almost as soon as the food is placed in the terrarium. Is this typical behavior and is there anything that causes this new appetite? I know T appetites aren't generally very consistent, but since it is a variation from what I've come to know with my sling I want to make sure. Better safe than sorry, so to speak.

Last edited:

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
It's a living creature. Change is the only normal thing about it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Better enjoy her appetite while it lasts, since this species is notorious for long periods of fasting ;)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Slings usually are good eaters as they are trying to grow as soon as they can (which for this species will be forever). At least it is acting "normal" now lol.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I've had my Rosie sling for about 3 or so months now and it's never jumped on prey as soon as I feed it, waiting several minutes to hours before finally eating. The last few feeding days, however, it's seemed more aggressive in snagging it's meal almost as soon as the food is placed in the terrarium. Is this typical behavior and is there anything that causes this new appetite? I know T appetites aren't generally very consistent, but since it is a variation from what I've come to know with my sling I want to make sure. Better safe than sorry, so to speak.
It's growing up. ;) Maybe it's just gaining more confidence, in any case, it's a tarantula tarantulaing, it's what they do.

vaulthunting101

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys! I didn't figure anything was amiss, but I don't really know anyone who knows anymore about tarantulas than I do. Here's hoping my little baby grows up big and strong :)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Thanks guys! I didn't figure anything was amiss, but I don't really know anyone who knows anymore about tarantulas than I do. Here's hoping my little baby grows up big and strong :)
Are you saying you know everything there is to know about them yet you're confused why it's appetite has increased ? Lol

vaulthunting101

Arachnopeon
Are you saying you know everything there is to know about them yet you're confused why it's appetite has increased ? Lol
No, I didn't say that. I said I don't know anyone that has a greater knowledge, not that I have the greatest knowledge. I don't know any spider people, therefore anything I know is going to be more than they know. If I thought I was an expert I wouldn't be asking questions

Last edited:

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
No, I didn't say that. I said I don't know anyone that has a greater knowledge, not that I have the greatest knowledge. I don't know any spider people, therefore anything I know is going to be more than they know. If I thought I was an expert I wouldn't be asking questions
Oh I see. The way you have it worded was not clear. That's why I asked for clarification lol.

Estein

Arachnoknight
I knew what you meant, if that helps. ~morale~