Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
I also got in a 25 Lot of Rose Hairs and it is by far redder then any I have ever seen.

Here is another Picture I just took not on White Paper. I need to get good lightning so I dont have to use the flash.

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they do look like them,ive got 3 females,they are alot more pink/red,they all have molted recently. before the molts they were like that. nice fatty too:)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats on the new T. This is one of my favorite species because of their simplicity and beauty. Before you get flamed on by other memebers, I would go change the substrate to something like peatmoss. Bark is a big no no in the T world.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the new T. This is one of my favorite species because of their simplicity and beauty. Before you get flamed on by other memebers, I would go change the substrate to something like peatmoss. Bark is a big no no in the T world.
I second that, they are beauties and highly underrated. I think people overlook them because they are so common in the hobby. Your rosea looks great, just give it some good depth of 100% peat moss, from Scotts or so, make sure there are no fertilizers on the label of it just 100% peat moss.:D

AaronT

Arachnopeon
Yeah, i am going to change it before the week is out, donig late shifts at the moment so cant get to the shops. If I had done a little more research instead of just listening to the petshop... "you need this this this...." i wouldnt have had this small setback.... oh well, gotta learn somehow.... btw, is the bark bad just because its a harder substrate? ill do a bit of reading, im sure i can dig something up about it on here. Tnx for advice :)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, i am going to change it before the week is out, donig late shifts at the moment so cant get to the shops. If I had done a little more research instead of just listening to the petshop... "you need this this this...." i wouldnt have had this small setback.... oh well, gotta learn somehow.... btw, is the bark bad just because its a harder substrate? ill do a bit of reading, im sure i can dig something up about it on here. Tnx for advice :)
Since you are new to Ts welcome and listening to a petstore is understandable, but now you know. Never listen to a petstore about Ts. This place should be where you get all your advice,tips,help,etc.

The bark is hard and can cause splinters. Not only that but it can mess up their book lungs and the bottom of their abdomens and feet.

AaronT

Arachnopeon
Ok Novak, tnx again, ill get straight on it tomorrow. One question about the peat moss, how often would it have to be change?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok Novak, tnx again, ill get straight on it tomorrow. One question about the peat moss, how often would it have to be change?
With Ts not very often, just do spot check and remove dead prey items. I have some cages going on 2-3 years without a change.

AaronT

Arachnopeon
With Ts not very often, just do spot check and remove dead prey items. I have some cages going on 2-3 years without a change.
Ah very good, that suits me down to the ground

Last edited:

Dev

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats improved, basic yet effective, ur gonna find ur rosie climbing the sides of the aquarium for a little while because it looks like the peat moss? is fairly moist.
Rose hairs like their dirt dry ;)

AaronT

Arachnopeon
Yeah, as you can clearly see it doesn't seem to be too fond of it atm but i had to get rid of that bark, i made sure it didn't have any added chemicals or whatever as some in the shop did.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds like you really love your spider. I think that these spiders are often underrated due to their ubiquity. Lovely beast, thanks for sharing.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She looks great, Pearson. I know easier said than done, but you don't need to worry about her so much ;)
It's ok, I did the same thing too LOL. You'll come to understand that rosea's are just...weird.
You'll be a good arachno-daddy! :D