G. rosea on its back?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is she going to be OK? Is she dead? Should I mist her? {D Im kidding!

I just wanted to share.. I have been waiting almost a year for this girl to molt.. She has one digit missing on one of her legs.. (Sorry I still fail at tarantula anatomy.. :rolleyes:) (Will it ever grow back?) < Again just kidding! ;P

Anyways.. I will let y'all know how she fairs later on.. Might even snap a few shots if I can..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Here's THE answers to your questions- 1. No, 2. Yes, 3. Spray her with the waterhose. Works quicker than misting....and.... I'm kidding, too! {D{D

Congrats on the long wait fulfilled. I sure hope at the very least that she sprouts a little stubby for ya. Post pics :clap:

Cheers,

Terry

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
QUOTE]

She's waiting to have her tummy scratched, when the legs start kicking is cool.:?
On a lighter note I hope she comes out fine.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This thread made me lol! My A. geniculata molted this morning. So exciting! Hope your Rosie comes out alright and with a partial new limb. :)

Also, you should take her out and put her on the lid of her enclosure to film the molt! Jay kay :p

possumburg

Arachnosquire
This thread made me lol! My A. geniculata molted this morning. So exciting! Hope your Rosie comes out alright and with a partial new limb. :)

Also, you should take her out and put her on the lid of her enclosure to film the molt! Jay kay :p
And don't forget to hold her and adjust her legs just right as SOON as she is done! lol

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually, what you need to do is put her in a KK with half water, half loaded with paper towels. She needs LOADS of moisture!

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Ya first you lightly spray it on it's underside with the hose turned on jet.
Then get a portable heater and heat it up two 130* fahrenheit.

With this technique your tarantula will gain two whole extra inches.
(of wings on the way two heaven;P;P)

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:clap:This is just great, Someone is going to unsuspectingly stumble on this thread and and totally not understand.{D Hope she looks great for you Tommy and hope the stump gets a few mm. Let us know:D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As soon as you see her start to emerge pick her up by one toe and jiggle her real good so she comes out of the molt more better.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Just couldn't resist, could you Tommy? ;)

Congrats on the molt, and thanks for the laugh.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D:clap::D

Oh you guys.... *Sigh* I put my spray bottle on "stream".. Thinking.. Oh this might be a tad safer than using the waterhose.. Right? No! Its not... It didnt help her out of the molt.. Im guessing if I was to use the waterhose it would have torn the old molt off.. ;P{D

OK... Seriously... Being that she lost the single digit long ago... Probably something the LPS did to her.. She fully regenerated it.. Yay! Pictures comeing soon... :)

I almost tried doing what Moltar suggested.. "Shaking her out of her molt..."
But I didnt want the molt to rip... {D

shypoet

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I just wanted to share.. I have been waiting almost a year for this girl to molt.. She has one digit missing on one of her legs.. (Sorry I still fail at tarantula anatomy.. :rolleyes:) (Will it ever grow back?) < Again just kidding! ;P

Anyways.. I will let y'all know how she fairs later on.. Might even snap a few shots if I can..
awesome, congrats :)