G. rosea mating

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I had my first experience with T breeding. No fatalities or injuries, so as far as I'm concerned it was a success. How long do they usually stay hooked up and is that any indication of success? I put my male with two females tonight. (one at a time) He hooked up with both and I saw him working the palps, but I couldn't get close enough to determine if he was "inserted" or not. Afterwards, thanks to the P. terror breeding pic and some of the comments made, I separated them with a wooden spoon when I saw the fangs extended. It was an experience to say the least and I was very nervous. Now it's time for him to go visit Galeogirl for a shot.

Botar

PS - My T. blondi molted too. So far that looks good as well. Going to wait to really get a check on her until next week.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

i would never cohabitate G.rosea's after my female lost her leg while mating.

also, i tried to post this awhile ago when replys werent working, does anyone need a guide for shipping? i can post my method, which holly can vouch for.

-V

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vayu Son,

Perfect timing! I'll be shipping my first T next week. I'd love your input.

Botar

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I'd be interested as well... why don't you just put it in a new thread, so everyone can add their own personal methods/suggestions as well?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
good for you Botar...
Yes, I'd say after mating my females with Vayu Son's male, DONT leave them together after!
Both my girls would have happily eaten him.
Give him time to make a new sperm web, then I'd give him a try again with your females. If he deposited ALL the sperm into female #1, then he was shooting blanks (pardon the expression) with female #2. I'm not sure if that is how it works or not, maybe someone else can verify that?!
I'm giving the male 3-4 days between matings, and alternating females. I feel this may give the best chance for a viable eggsac. Again though, I don't have the experience to back this up!

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Needs Break,,,

;P ;P I would recomend giving the male a good break inbetween each breeding as he will make a new sperm webb each time for each breeding.. My males get a good week or so in between as sometimes it takes them awhile to make another sperm webb.. I got one male that has been bred to several females but has been givin time to redo his thing befour he gets used each time.. works good to...As for putting him in with one female then the other i dont think the second female will take.. Just my input!!! ;P ;P =D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks for verifying that Bearacuda! I have been waiting till he makes a new sperm web each time, so I guess I'm doing it right ;)
As for my Usambaras, I notice from time to time that he makes a new sperm web....so I am assuming they are mating occasionally.
I have only witnessed the first time, right after I put him in with her.

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
NP!!!!!

Hey its just the truth,,, what can i say other than people would have alot more luck if they would give the male a break in between breedings... hehehehehe!! ;P ;P =D