g.rosea in her water bowl?

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
My g. rosea {and this is the second time I have caught her doing it } Is standing three legs in her water bowl. I have never read anything about an "arid" T doing this. Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated because I am not sure why she is doing this

nicolevins

Arachnopeon
They do this when they are drinking as far as I know :)

I've never seen my rosea drinking, but I have seen pictures of other tarantulas drinking. There is actually a thread somewhere on the forum :p

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
She is not drinking...she stands in her bowl for at minimum an hour at a time. I have seen her drink several times ..she walks over drinks and walks away. Not sure why she just standing in the bowl?????

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
If she's always there, it may be a bit too dry for her liking. Maybe retard some ventilation, and see if that helps?

If she's just there every now and then, she just may find that place a comfotable area to sit.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Briarpatch, Sure someone didn't sell you a H gigas sling in place of a rosea? {D If so, you came out better anyway! jk {D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They do this when they are drinking as far as I know :)

I've never seen my rosea drinking, but I have seen pictures of other tarantulas drinking. There is actually a thread somewhere on the forum :p
This one? :D

To the original poster(OP), there is nothing wrong with a T having its legs in the water dish.