G. Rosea hunting

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
Okay, this is probably normal, but i'm just wondering if anyone of you have experienced the same.
My G. Rosea has spun a small web on the ground in one corner. if i feed her a cricket, it can walk right up to her, even touch her, and she won't mind. but when the cricket touches the web, she comes running fast as hell and kills the little bugger. Is this normal?

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hah... my male G. Rosea never does that..... but I think yours is cool..."this is my web, if you touch it.. you will die" :)

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
is she killing the crix, but not eating them? my G.rosea will kill crickets and not eat them if shes in premolt. that would explain the webbing to, shes making a bed to molt on.

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
she's eating them too ... infact, she's got one in her mouth right now ... looks kindo scary when she is facing you, munching on a dead cricket ...

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Originally posted by Advocatus
Now i've never ... Has anyone of your spiders EVER managed to get a cricket stuck on them? Like this?
Man i've got a weird rosea ...
is your rosie a m/f great pic, i cant see the cricket?

James

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Advocatus
Okay, this is probably normal, but i'm just wondering if anyone of you have experienced the same.
My G. Rosea has spun a small web on the ground in one corner. if i feed her a cricket, it can walk right up to her, even touch her, and she won't mind. but when the cricket touches the web, she comes running fast as hell and kills the little bugger. Is this normal?

You just described my rosie. She will be a total "wimp", even going so far as to draw her legs up, covering her body. But, touch her "special web", and she comes unglued..

Peace,
Gillian

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
T_L: She was sold to me as a female ... so I suppose that's what it is ...
The cricket is that little black thingy to the right and down ... partially covered by her leg and body ...
And just a little update on her behaviour:
She sits in one corner, kills them in another, and eats them in a third ...