G. rosea eats pinky

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well.....i stopped by the pet store today and the lady said that some pinkies were born just last night ....so i paid $1.50 +tax and got one (tiny little thing).....my spider acted like he was scared of it (he does this with most prey at first).....then i left the house for about an hour and when i came back he had already made a web pad and was on it and on his tippy toes munching down!!!
i was afraid at first that he wouldnt eat it....but i havent been feeding him much for the past several weeks to make sure he was hungry...(i fed him a cockroach i caught in the yard last week).....he was eating it head first so there were no crys of agony from the little mousie....anyway i left again to go to a ball game (girlfriend's kids play football and do cheerleading) and when i got home about 2 1/2 hours later.....he was still munching on it from the other end now.....boy is he taking his time!!!........i guess i first put it in his tank at about 4pm.....it is now almost 11:30pm and he still has a decent sized slimey chunk left........does it always take so long for a spider to eat a pinky???
about how long should it take......i will be suprised if he can eat it all!!
is the pinky spider-spit-ball gonna be gross??
(and i guess this answers my previous question as to whether or not my 5" adult male G. rosea will eat a pinkie or not)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G. roseas have all eaten pinkies too. Yes, the remains, if any, will be gross. You'll also want to take them out right away to avoid a horrible smell. On the positive side though, you'll have a fat and happy T.

Botar