G. Rosea eating question

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
today was feeding day for my G. Rosea and she's taken an extremely long time eating the first cricket.
I usually feed her 3 a week, I would normally put them all in at the same time and about 4 hours later she'd have finished the lot.
Now today shes still on the first one and its been 7 hours!!! I've removed the other ones for now. My thoughts are that I should possibly leave it a few days or even a week before trying her on any crickets again.

Am I on the right lines??

Cheers Mike

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
First, G. rosea eating patterns can be described as erratic. I certainly wouldn't worry about it taking longer than before to eat a cricket. In addition, three crickets a week is a fairly large diet. You can easily get by with one or two a week. The most likely explanation is simply that she is full. I would expect you to see her fasting soon. As long as her abdomen is not shrinking in size or looking shriveled, I wouldn't worry about her not eating or eating slowly.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the quick response, still being very new to the hobby I didnt want to do anything to harm my T. I guess you can call it 'Newbie Panic!!!'

Cheers

Mike