G rosea: Burst abdomen

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well shoot!! I had my adult G rosea out taking photos, i was laying on my back and he was on a piece of glass over me between two chars, and someone came into the room and scared him and he jumped and when he hit the floor he burst his abdomen:( :( He now is in a small Rubbermaid tub on paper towels. What should i do? Do they ever recover from that? I am sooo sad.
~Samuel

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I doubt hes going to recover. I have never personally seen a T survive when this happens.

This would be considered an emergency, so you have to try and stop the bleeding. If you have liquid bandaid or something try and apply that to get the bleeding to stop. Flour I heard works but I have never tried it myself. If the split is to large then hes done for.
Sorry man, :8o

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well its stopped oozing. It never did bleed but there was a puddle of liquid. I dont think he will make it. I'm soooo sad :(

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That was the 'blood'. Ts don't have red blood like we do, in fact its not even called blood, hemo-something or other.
Hemolymph.

Likely it will die. If the abdomen is ruptured, there isn't much to do. If you can locate the rupture and it is fairly small, you may be able to seal it with NuSkin, Superglue, etc. However, hopes for this actually working are slim to none.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried super glue on it but i think he had lost to much "Hemolymph" right after the fall! :( That was the last T i had left since i traded off all my other ones for a snake. So i guess the best thing would be to get a new one...
~Samuel

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im sorry for ur loss, man....I know how u feel...its a total bummer when something like this happens....

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks, i feel soo bad for him. He is still hanging on but i dont think he could loose that much "blood" and still pull through.
~Samuel

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At this point I would freeze him. Its the right thing to do in this situation, I think so at least.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He is still hanging on. So i guess i'll give him a little more time and if he looks like he is getting worse then i'll freeze him... :(