G. rosea breeding

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
If there was a future in writing Tarantula Romance novels, you'd be set for life!!

I tried last night too, but evidently, Barry White's voice is too low and scared my little guy off too!! Maybe tonight I'll try some Celine Dion, or Bad Company's "Ready for Love!"

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yea he probably is just not ready yet. I'd wait a week and try again. If he's mature then he will not waste much time in building that sperm web. Good luck!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Olan
Yea he probably is just not ready yet. I'd wait a week and try again. If he's mature then he will not waste much time in building that sperm web. Good luck!
He's got a week to sort himself out.
If there's no joy after that he must be gay ;)=D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh well, that's life!!! Some of my best friends are gay... and they tell the BEST gay jokes! Now your only problem will be to find HIM a SUITABLE partner!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
HERE HE IS.....

HOT CHEETO!!! See the palps and hooks?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
BUT WAIT.....

Look how small he is.... are you SURE he is mature?????:?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, is that a G. rosea? does he not eat a lot? he looks really small in the abdomen area....wow.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
My thoughts EXACTLY! When I first got him, my Arachnofriends said that if he has hooks and palps, he'll never GET more ready to breed. But when I put him in with my normal phase, he ran like crazy. Did the same thing when I put him in with my brown phase. I think he's just a widdle baby!:?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
huh. yeah, that's what they say, they only get the hooks, etc. when they're mature.

did you get him like that? perhaps you just need to stuff him up. :) you know, give him that male couch potato look before he decides he needs a woman. (lol.)

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dang!! it kinda looks like a T but is it maybe one of those huntsman spiders or something?? that is the smallest mature male rose hair i have ever seen.:? :confused: :?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
@ MizM

Some males do mature at really small sizes, but that almost looks like a mature male Paraphysa scrofa. They are similarly colored as Red phase G. roseas and much smaller.

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
No kidding? Don't TELL me I didn't get a g. rosea! Is that why he runs away from the female g. roseas?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I worked in a pet shop about 10 years ago and our distributor would sometimes send us P. scrofas ( then P. manicata) as "Chilean rosehairs". Eventually this name evolved into " Chilean dwarf roses" , and finally into " chilean coppers". I could not find a pic of a mature male, but I'll attempt to attach a link to Kelly Swift's pic.

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Pscrofa3.jpg

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mature males usually have spindly legs. I don't think the one in Swifty's pic is a mature male. Maybe you should start a spider ID thread?