G. rosea Breeding

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I tried breeding my roseas for the first time ever tonight. I introduced the male and the male just calmly walked over her hide and she just went after him. Anybody that is experienced in breeding have a couple suggestions?:(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did you feed the female well?

I have not bred but I've read enough here and those who do tend to really overfeed the females after molt preparing for introduction of a male.

PsychoSpider

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did you feed the female well?

I have not bred but I've read enough here and those who do tend to really overfeed the females after molt preparing for introduction of a male.
2 adult lats every couple of days for like 2 weeks, up from 1 adult lat per week. She molted mid July. It might of just been a case of mistaken identity, as soon as he stepped out of the deli cup she went after him. She's not what I'd call your perfect first t, she's very territorial and thinks everything is food.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its not a mistaken ID.. You didnt feed her enough.. You are suppose to feed her anything & everything until SHE decides she is not hungry.. THEN put the male in with her..

This would not have happened if you did enough research before hand...

Oh.. Wait... Who was it that said its a rosea.. They like it rough.. There will be blood shed.. :rolleyes: