G.Rosea breeding question

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, i got a pair G.Rosea "rcf" last week which i intend to breed asap.
The male matured just 1,5 months back so its no hurry because of that.
The question is,the female is just about 12cm legspan so im abit worried if she is too small ?
I could wait for another molt i suppose, but i have no info on last molt of her,so if she recently molted it could take another year or so before she does again, which would jeopardy the whole thing if the male would go die on her, still i dont want her to see him as food now if she isnt ready so there is another thing to worry about.

I will try to put him in with her in a sharkcage i guess and see if she will answer the drumming,but meanwhile it would be great with some inputs about this, thanks in advance :)

Sundan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well shes around 12 and they get 14-16 i think so it should be enough, thanks guys.

However i put the male in her cage (in a sharkcage) 15 minutes ago, and none of them seems to react yet.

Its my first paring so im not sure if all species sense eachother thru plastics or if i need to let them interact with eachother rightaway ?

The point with sharkcage was to see if she would start drumming,which none of them have done yet.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was told breeding G. Rosea is a bit annoying because of their lack of movement personality. It sometimes takes them a long time to find each other.

I've never done it myself however.