G.rosea and eating...have u noticed

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if your G.rosea always takes his/her prey to a specific spot of its enclosure to work on its food after the kill?

I have only fed him twice since I bought him, he took a few days to decide he wanted to eat, now he seems QUITE hungry, but both times he will grab them anywhere, but he always returns to one corner to consume his meal...anyone else notice this? NOt so much with other breeds, specifically not burrowers or ones with nests (don't konw anything about spiders but I mean no usumbaras or burrowers...but anyone with a species that just hangs out notice the same?

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh and its funny, he grabs em, goes over there, sits for a while then I look over and he is laying down web in a circle around himself while he digests...saw this once, not sure why he was doing it since he nabbed the cricket on the other side of his cage...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man

welcome to the boards :)

Um, one of my male roseas tends to catch his food and then eat it over his little food mat (web of silk)...

but none of my other roseas or T's do that...

some are on the hunt/prowl, some in their burrow, some in their hide... all over the place.. i've seen em jumping all over the place catching food! (not jumping, but you know what i mean)

ever seen a 6" Red Phase rosea try to catch a moth? alot of false catches :)

later man!
what other kinds of T's (tarantulas) do you have (or just the rosea?)

peace
dave

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Welcome!

G. rosea's are still one of the coolest T's to own. They each have their own specific personality, are fairly docile (usually), are inexpensive, and easy to keep. Mine do the Cricket Dance also, pretty cool. On the tiptoes and spinning around.:D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i agree..

there were some recent rosea appreciation threads.. they're very interesting.. nothing like coming in to find a rosea pretty much relaxing on its head, right? Well not on its head,but.. you know..

one day i'll find me a docile one, i swear ;)
peace
dave

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, it's the only one I have, my first T. You can see him in my sig, but next I think I want a H.gigas, i was reading another thread and saw it swimming after some fishies...haha that's the greatest!