G.rosea acting strange

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi ppl

My G.rosea has been acting strange. As soon as I put her (I don't actually know the sex but all my G.roseas have been female so it just seems more appropriate to me) in her new cage, she climbed up the side of the cage and has been there for 2 months or longer. She has refused all food and water I give her. She is looking quite unhealthy and even began changing colour?????? What is wrong with her? Is this a possible sign of a molt?

Cheers,

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Umm are you keeping the substrate wet or dry...... they love dry and will run away from wet...... wow 2 months...... thats well, that means you have to change something and that she is not happy to say the least.

Try taking her out and emptying the tank and replacing it with fresh dry substrate, I am assuming she has a hide and access to water..... and then see what she does after you do all that.

She might have an up coming molt but you still have to change something Rosies dont really typically like to hang out like that.

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Umm are you keeping the substrate wet or dry...... they love dry and will run away from wet...... wow 2 months...... thats well, that means you have to change something and that she is not happy to say the least.

Try taking her out and emptying the tank and replacing it with fresh dry substrate, I am assuming she has a hide and access to water..... and then see what she does after you do all that.

She might have an up coming molt but you still have to change something Rosies dont really typically like to hang out like that.
Quick response :p I like that

Ya, maybe I do have the substrate a bit to wet. I'll change now :p

Oh ya, she does have a hide and access to water

Cheers,

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You dont have to wet the substrate at all with Rosea....... a water dish and food is perfect for them they like it dry dry dry....... sometimes ill let the water dish over flow a bit but thats all. None of the other substrate gets wet ever.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do you mean by unhealthy? Could you be a little more specific for us-or maybe post a pic? Is her abdomen shrinking, or are her colors getting dull? Her hanging on the side of the tank for 2 months is funny....as said, is the substrate damp, or are there maybe any mites? Check out the tank and substrate very closely and make sure there's nothing that could be irritating her- damp substrate would def. be a cause as well

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow thats is strange i know that some can be a bit of a nutter but some thing very wrong as i never had one act like it !!! :eek: :? :confused: +++ phil

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What do you mean by unhealthy? Could you be a little more specific for us-or maybe post a pic? Is her abdomen shrinking, or are her colors getting dull? Her hanging on the side of the tank for 2 months is funny....as said, is the substrate damp, or are there maybe any mites? Check out the tank and substrate very closely and make sure there's nothing that could be irritating her- damp substrate would def. be a cause as well
Her abdomen is shrinking. Digi cam not working. Her colours weren't going dull, they were turning blue? Not sure what that means. Must be the moisture. I use to always spray my roseas but the others had better ventilation so it dried out much faster.

Cheers,