G.Pulchripes wont eat.......

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have two .5" G.Pulchripes slings. The one i labeled number (1) molted on the 23rd has already ate....but (2) molted on the 21st and still hasn't ate anything....I am feeding pre killed pinheads, but i put a live one in just to see if s/he wanted to kill something...but still no luck...

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two .5" G.Pulchripes slings. The one i labeled number (1) molted on the 23rd has already ate....but (2) molted on the 21st and still hasn't ate anything....I am feeding pre killed pinheads, but i put a live one in just to see if s/he wanted to kill something...but still no luck...
I understand your concern. The only suggestion I can offer is to drop a piece of bologna about the size of the t's abdomen or smaller in there and see if overnight it feeds on it. Sometimes that does the trick (IME). Otherwise, you may have to wait and see what happens.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just give it time,it knows what it is doing.It will eat when it wants to eat.I have had slings not accept food for 3+ weeks before that ended up being fine,just not ready to consume anything.The spider knows best......

TarantulaFever

Arachnopeon
are the fangs hardened and black yet? (when molted they are soft and white) if not then the spider is not ready to eat yet.