g. pulchripes Sling and Curley Hair sling

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
i just bought a g. pulchripes sling and 2 curly hair they are very tiny and i need advice on how to care for them so they wont stress and die

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You keep them the same as adults.

Box, sub, water bowl!, feed them

Both of those are incredibley hardy Ts, aside from unexpected deaths, there’s no reason they shouldn’t thrive.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
well i have my pink toe,mexican fire leg, p. regalis, huahini i know how to take care of them but never had slings just wanted to know if they were alot more delicate to take care of,

what type of water bowl can i use for such a tiny sling its container he was bought in is one of does little cups you get ranch in? 20201031_012907.jpg

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
For tiny slings, I use the bulbs snipped off of cheap plastic pipettes for water dishes. Once they get near 1", I graduate them to a bottle cap

i just bought a g. pulchripes sling and 2 curly hair they are very tiny and i need advice on how to care for them so they wont stress and die
Hi there
Small deli pot with moist substrate and some moss for them to hide near.
Example of my sling enclosure
1oz for tiny slings(this one is 3times smaller than a curly hair new born)
20201007_180614.jpg

4 oz for slightly bigger ones
20200918_095539.jpg
Main thing is to be careful not to dry the enclosure.Slings dehydrate very easy.
I offer prekilled pinhead crickets (but mealworm segments or baby roaches will do as good) every 4 days.If they eat they eat.I have some microscopic slings going over month without food with no issues.
You can freeze feeders if only feeding few slings too and defrost only few that you need or they may outgrow your slings.lol
Tatoo ink pot make great waterdishes for slings.
Regards Konstantin

winter

Arachnosupporter +
@Konstantin Konstantinov hit the nail on the head! If pinheads are not readily available and you don't relish cutting up mealworms, another option is to feed flightless fruit flies to your slings. When feeding fruit flies, it helps to cool them down in the fridge for a few minutes (or just chill them outdoors as Denver is surely getting cold this time of the year) so they slow down making for easier capture and to keep them from crawling out of their culture jars.

My wife keeps tree frogs and I keep tarantulas; between the two of us we have a constant supply of fruit flies and crickets of all ages. I'd offer you some pinhead crickets but you're all the way in Denver.