G pulchripes pre molt?..

TeddyBearTarantula

Arachnopeon
Morning guys,

Another premolt question! My G pulchripes sling 1cm arrived today and she looks as though she may be in imminent premolt. So I thought I’d ask my new spider family what you think, given my lack of experience being new to the hobby.
Picture attached below.

Thank you
Nicola

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Another premolt question! My G pulchripes sling 1cm arrived today and she looks as though she may be in imminent premolt. So I thought I’d ask my new spider family what you think, given my lack of experience being new to the hobby.
A molt is imminent. (Her entire abdomen has turned black; that's the new exoskeleton showing through her skin.)

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
At that size another way to tell if it is in pre molt is to get a flashlight, wait until the spiders is against the glass or plastic, shine the light at it from the side or bottom and look from the opposite side. Normally the legs will look clear, almost see through but when it pre molt you will see dark lines in it. This works best for arboreals because they are always on the side of the enclosure but sometimes terrestrials are up against it. Just something extra if you ever want to know it is in pre molt.