G. Pulchripes need damp or dy soil?

Ghostmooner

Arachnopeon
just wondering if Chacos prefere damp or dry soil types? mine seems to stand on the top of her exposed cave hide when the soil is just mysted for a few days, but then just wonders around long enough to web a feeding area, then stays up on her dry solid cave hide top when the surface of the soil drys out somewhat. :? any sudgestions????

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Do not mist the cage. keep the sub DRY. Full water dish is all that is needed for Grammostola sp. If you feel the need to keep more humidity add more substrate (coco husk is best) and inject the soil with a food injector.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dribble water down the side of the enclosure and keep the lower levels moist. This will keep the surface dry (reducing harmless mites and molds) and yet allow the animal to burrow to it's preferred moisture requirements. Where anyone gets off saying "keep it DRY" I'll never guess. This is not an arid species, and even native North American arid species have moisture in their burrows.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just wondering if Chacos prefere damp or dry soil types? mine seems to stand on the top of her exposed cave hide when the soil is just mysted for a few days, but then just wonders around long enough to web a feeding area, then stays up on her dry solid cave hide top when the surface of the soil drys out somewhat. :? any sudgestions????
Yeah like what other people said keep your substrate dry, you don't even have to mist as long as you have a water dish in the cage. Also try not to put too much holes in your cage so that the moisture from the water dish will not escape. good luck on your chaco :)